Chapter One: A Special Delivery

1984:
A young girl was staring into the opened window at the image of the rolling hills and forest. She was wearing a blue and long-sleeved blouse and dark blue pants that hug on her right curves. Her eyes are drawn to the pendant that she always wore. It was set in a filigree of finely wrought rope, was a sparkly golden dragon with a silver wolf attached to the pendant. Her long and wavy golden-blonde hair blew gently through the opened window. Her tall and slender frame was outlined by the sunlight. Her stunning turquoise eyes sparkled at the stunning sighting of the woods behind their home.
Her name is Sasha Liliana Jackson, and she was watching as the mist had begun to clear up a bit. The landscape was still covered with the morning mist that seemed to be coming from the center of a island, surrounding the lake was whole lot of woods and unexplored mountains. The beauty is quite mysterious and breathtaking. This place occasionally brings up some of her misty memories from her family's secretive past.
Sasha heard a soft bark from behind her. Sasha glanced over her shoulder with a small smile at her feisty sandy-furred wolf-dog named Destiny, who had lifted her head from napping and looked at Sasha with open curiosity. Her parents had bought Destiny for Sasha after Jacob had both been expelled and disappeared a few years ago, she is like a protector (a dog protector no less) in the form of a pet dog. Though, she's not purely sandy-colored. She has a grayish muzzle, chest and underbelly, and paws, while her eyes are striking golden.
Sasha may only be twelve years old, but she wanted to explore the new land that Sasha don't know much about and only heard a lot of stories about it: she heard stories about magical critters and the people on horseback who kept appearing as well as they kept disappearing in the deepest parts of the woods. Her and family had moved to the countryside of London, a little away from all of the fuss and bother. Then, Sasha felt something going through her. The newfound energy of it warmed her to the skin. The power coursed through her, cleaning her, repairing her, and giving her strength. It made her feel more alive and she was breathing fresh air for the first time. Sasha's not sure where it had came from, but it felt... quite nice and reassuring, but somewhat familiar. But Sasha had only felt the wolfwalker magic run through her veins before, but this was a whole new level of magic apparently. Before Sasha could figure it out, she heard a loud crash from below and a surprised yell from her mum down at the living room. Sasha ran downstairs with Destiny hot on Sasha's heels, but as soon as she had gotten there Sasha was surprised to see that the kitchen sink had accidentally exploded somehow and the water had splashed her mom in the face.
First of all, one would never guess she's Sasha's mum. She has this Australian and Hispanic accent, while Sasha have her dad's Irish accent. Secondly, her eyes are dark brown as warm chocolate. Her skin is perfect olive complexion. Her dark brown hair is shorter than Sasha's hair and goes above her shoulders. Lastly, she works with magical critters.
"Mum." She looked up from drying herself with a towel, she smiled when she saw Sasha and her hazel eyes were filled with stunning pride. Sasha looked around and noticed how drenched the kitchen looked, it's as if the kitchen had been hit by a massive water balloon. Sasha think her newfound power had activated the water works. "I think I had an an accident."
Mum laughed softly and shook her head, her eyes sparkled in clear amusement as she looked back at Sasha as she said, "Well done, Sasha. I was wondering when your magic started to come to you again."
"My wolfwalker's magic?" Was there a new whole level of her wolfwalker's magic? Sasha knew that her pendant can give her the power to transform into a full-blown wolf (and no, not a werewolf, there's a difference).
"No." Sasha's mum shook her head with a smile. "You're also a witch now, Sasha. Me and your father will teach you the basics before you go onto the advanced stuff. But we must wait for a letter from Hogwarts."
Sasha tilted her head at her Mum. She knew that school was very exclusive, but she wasn't sure if she was allowed to get in after what happened with her brother being expelled. "Hogwarts?"
"Hogwarts," confirmed Mum. "Where all the wizards and witches from all over the world go to learn our magical ways. Including everything you'd need to know how to control your magic and probably meet your new friends."
"Really?" The only friends Sasha had around here is her family, the nature, and the wildlife around her homeland. Sasha never had any other friends, except... Jacob was her only her best friend, but now she had lost him.
Around the same time, her dad had came with some small logs in his hands. They all went to the living room and he placed the logs next to the fireplace.
As said before, Sasha had inherited a good deal of her dad's looks. Though, he has this Irish accent. His eyes are in a lighter shade of blue, like the sea itself. His skin is golden tanned like hers.
Anyways, they were cleaning up the mess that Sasha had kind of made with her magic. But when Sasha went up to the attic, there was a lot of boxes and bookshelves there. As Sasha looked around for the mop, she found it by one of the bookshelves. When Sasha picked it though, one of the scrapbooks had fell from the shelves and when Sasha checked it out she saw some boy around her age with a really short dark brown hair, grinning mischievously back at Sasha, with Sasha's amused looking parents and her younger self with a playful smirk and a clever look in her past self's gaze.
I remembered having fun with Jacob, Sasha wondered fondly as she felt a wave of deja vu go over her. That seems like such a long time ago. I wonder where he's at? I hope he's doing okay. She felt a familiar twinge of sadness as she thought about him. I hope he's doing okay... without me.
Sasha shook her head and put away the scrapbook, Sasha found the mop and went back downstairs to clean up the mess. As she and her family were cleaning up the mess, Sasha's mum had told her dad that it was time my time to head towards Hogwarts and he agrees with her. He gave Sasha an amused smile, making Sasha feel slightly embarrassed.
"Well, at least you've learnt about your magic better than I did," commented Dad.
"Really?" Sasha felt her curiosity perked up. "What happened?"
"Your father had gotten really mad by some bully picking on me and had made the toilets exploded in the girls' bathroom," jumped in Mum with an amused grin, making Dad blushed fiercely and Sasha laughed. "He drenched that bully with cold water and she was grounded for two weeks after her parents had figured out the youngest students had been bullied by her. That's when we had figured out he had magic."
"And what about you?" Sasha tilted her head at her mum, who looked at Sasha with a embarrassed expression. "How did you found about your magic?"
"She was around your age when she had found out about her magic," explained Dad and gave Mum a fond smile. "She was playing with some rabbits in the forest when she had accidentally made some flowers bloomed and floated around her."
Sasha chuckled quietly, but she made no comment. Sasha had seen a picture that her grandmother had taken of her parents' encounters with each other in the woods, which Sasha still have it in her room.
As they finished cleaning up, Sasha heard a tapping sound on the living room window. She turned around to see a snowy owl with black feathers mixed with white and bright amber eyes standing on a tree branch outside of the window, it had a cream-colored envelope with a red crest on it, a cream-colored scroll in a orange wrap, and a Daily Prophet. The owl is her mother's pet, the owl's name is Maria, and Sasha's mother had raised Maria ever since she was a orphaned hatchling in her years of Hogwarts.
"Oh, looks like the mail's here," Mum said with a smile as she went to open the window.
Maria flew around a bit before she had landed on the counter and gave the envelopes to Sasha's mum. She carefully took the envelope and scroll from Maria and Sasha gave the owl some seeds.
Maria hooted, as if she was thanking Sasha for the treats and her payment. Maria remained on the counter, while Sasha had started gently stroking Maria's feathers.
"This one's from Hogwarts." Mum handed the letter to Sasha and held onto the other letter. "This one is for us." She showed the scroll to Dad and placed the Daily Prophet on the counter.
Sasha noticed that the letter was addressed in sapphire blue to Miss Jackson, Dingle, London. She pulled out the letter and read:
"HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY.
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore.
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards).
Dear Miss Jackson,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Minvera McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress."
Sasha watched as her dad get his eagle-owl (named Jupiter) write down his own message for the council and sent the owl flying out of the window with the message.
"I-I've been accepted into Hogwarts," whispered Sasha in astonishment.
She felt herself jumped in place as her mum hugged her and her dad patted her on the shoulder with a proud smile. Sasha was so sure that she will be rejected, because of the craziness that her brother had left behind at the school and for being judged by her family's relationship with her brother.
"I told you'll shouldn't worry about how you'll do in the music video," her Dad said with an amused grin.
Throughout the music video, Sasha had used accidental magic to make flowers bloom and made the flowers floated around in a beautiful forest clearing. But she was so nervous that she had almost turned herself in a wolf pup by accident.
"Come on," said Mum. "Let's hear your list of school supplies."
Sasha unfolded a second piece of paper she hadn't noticed before: "HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDY."
"Uniform
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black).
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear.
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar).
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastening).
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

Course Books:
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Books of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk.
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling.
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch.
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore.
Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander.
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

Other Equipment:
1 wand.
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2).
1 set glass or crystal phials.
1 telescope.
1 set brass scales.
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS."
Sasha's dad gave a sheepish smile and scratched his head. Sasha gave an amused snickered as she remembered the "incident" that she had heard about her dad's first year with a flying broomstick.
"We'll manage," said Mum as she took the list to have a look at it too. "We must head towards Diagon Alley to get the school supplies."
Sasha felt herself flinched. She truly dislikes huge crowds of people and small spaces, it makes her feel uncomfortable and out of place. Even if the people have magic too, it doesn't mean they will treat as an equal. Sasha knew in her heart that it's too much to hope for to be treated like an equal witch.