You are Home

A/N: just a random cute oneshot lmao (2,366 words)

All eyes were on George as they watched for his reaction, gazes predicting and beckoning, feeling uncomfortable against his skin and making him begin to fret. All but one.

Dream was looking back at George, gaze soft and private, just for him. Full of support, hope; brimming with love and admiration. George glanced down at their clasped hands and felt Dream give his a soft squeeze, and felt his nervousness fizzle out as he relaxed and calmed down, finding home and comfort in the man before him.

Answer gathering at his lips, George couldn't help but reminisce about the past two years, a large smile gathering at his lips as countless memories flew by in his mind...

----------------------------------

The airport wasn't as crowded as George expected it to be; maybe it was the fact that it was the middle of the night that contributed to the lack of people walking in the terminal. Nonetheless, it felt rather strange as he aimlessly walked with his bulky luggage behind him, stuffed to the brink of ripping apart and almost clipping his heels with every step.

George looked down at the phone in his hand and turned on the screen, and despite there not being any notification showing on his lockscreen, he felt his pulse beginning to quicken, and shut his phone off and pocketed it as he skimmed over the terminal again, intensively searching.

Where was he?

Hand sliding inside his pocket, George was about to grab his phone and impulsively check it again until he was stopped by a familiar voice calling to him from behind, shouting his name.

Turning fast, George almost tripped over his luggage as he blindly stumbled forward, eyes locking on to Dream as he sped up his pace across the terminal and started jogging lightly. The handle to George's luggage slipped from his hand as he started to rush towards Dream, mind going blank as his heart took control of his actions; his brisk walk turned into a jog that turned into a run until Dream halted just meters from George, arms thrown wide open, and George cannoned into his boyfriend, caught into an embrace that knocked the wind out of both of them.

Unmeasurable amounts of feelings slammed into George as Dream wheezed, half laughing and half crying, and George held on tighter to Dream and began to shamelessly sob into his chest, feeling lighter than air as his heart sighed in tranquility and whispered, 'Finally'.

Feeling happy enough to melt and safe in the strong arms of Dream, George already felt like he was home-

George thought it took longer than necessary for Dream to notice some of his shirts were going missing from his wardrobe. It took two weeks after George settled in officially for the blonde to take notice and ask about it, apparently unaware of the fact George had been wearing Dream's shirts more often than not, or the fact that he was also currently sitting on their couch wearing one of his shirts as Dream inquired his partner.

"But why?" Dream had asked, highly-amused, once George pointed the facts out, "You have plenty of clothes, why have you been taking mine?"

"Because," was George's casual reply, "They're yours."

Dream chuckled, voice dropping into a low tease. "Getting a little possessive now, George?"

George felt his face warm with a combination of being flustered and embarrassed. A "no" came tumbling from his mouth too quickly, and to fight against Dream's accusation he began to tug Dream's shirt over his head and threw the shirt off him, the fabric landing at Dream's feet. Arms crossed, George gave his reply. "I'm not being possessive."