"And they were soulmates!"

A/N: short and sweet shitpost fic! I wrote this as a thank you to piperishere on twitter for making me fanart of 7 Days, here's the link to it: https://twitter.com/piperanimation/status/1374415026958700549

Anyways, hope this gets a laugh out of someone! (1,268 words)

Sapnap stared intently at the murky water on his screen as if the pixels of his computer were going to suddenly spell out the answer for him, and he sighed.

"I'm just saying," George spoke, "there's better ways of guessing other than by how clear the water is."

"No, he's got this," Dream encouraged, voice equally teasing and joking.

"Yeah!" Bad added, "You never know, George!"

"Thank you!" Sapnap laughed, knowing he wasn't going to win this round of Geoguesser, "At least some of my friends have faith in me."

"Who says I'm your friend?" George joked, and cackled as Dream and Bad shouted at the reply in enthusiasm. At the same time, Sapnap randomly pulled up the map and clicked on it, only shrugging when the result showed he was extremely off with his guess.

"I say," was his eventual reply as he rolled his eyes, beginning a new round. He was met with Dream childishly shouting even louder, making the four of them break into laughter.

Sapnap reached over his desk and grabbed his bottle of water, unscrewing the lid and taking a sip of water. As he placed his bottle back, his eyes reflexively glanced at his wrist, where a large, black forty-five read back at him.

Nobody knew when or how it began; all they knew was why. The black numbers on everyone's wrists were how they would find their soulmates.

Of course, it wasn't that simple. The numbers weren't just numbers, they were counters, being at zero from birth and only rising until death. And to make matters more complicated, people aren't aware of what their counters document on their own; they have to figure it all out on their own. The only hint people get is a single, colored stripe below their counter, serving to mark the theme. Sapnap's was red, marking that his was food-related. In some ways, those themed hints helped, but not always. Because the counters ranged from something as general as documenting how many times someone's jumped, to being as specific and detailed as how many times someone's put the wrong shoe on their foot while sitting in on the floor. At least, as to seem to make up for the fact, soulmates often found out their counters within a short-ish time frame, the longest recorded only being two years.

Fortunately, Sapnap was lucky, and got a more generic counter: His was how many times he's swallowed pink bubble-gum. Sure, it took him almost eighteen years to figure it out, but he was one of the luckier ones of the friend group; Bad hadn't figured out what his counter was about yet. George hadn't either.

Dream had, though. Very recently in fact.

It was just the other day that Dream stubbed his foot, and Sapnap watched as his counter went up in real time. After the discovery and an hour of rather painful testing, they came to the conclusion that Dream's counter was meant to document how many times he's stubbed either of his feet on an object.

"Sapnap!" came the sudden, unanimous shout from his friends, and Sapnap was jolted from his thoughts, yelping in surprise.

"Oh my god," he muttered, bringing his hands up to caress his poor ears.
"You're lucky I didn't barge into your room," Dream warned, "You were silent for like, two minutes, and didn't reply when we asked you something."