𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6

{06}

{ K y l i e }

{ K y l i e }

( LEIPZIG - 2016 )

BEING STUCK IN Leipzig with Sam, Bucky and Steve sure had its perks. We mainly treated it like a vacation, driving around the different landmarks and trying out the different German foods, and going shopping in the malls, I was truly having a fantastic time. The three men and I had the most unlikely friendship but for some reason, the four of us just clicked instantly. Friendship was a precious kind of love, with all that that should bring. It was a bond that should span a lifetime; though months and years may pass between communications, a true friend was timeless.

          Of course, I had known Steve for a lot longer than I knew Sam and Bucky, but I felt as though the four of us had gotten even closer these past couple of days. It was the giggles that were the sails upon our boat, the laughter, the smiles. Sam and I saw the funny side in everything and that was our bond. Steve and I could be serious; we loved others deeply more than were generally accepted... so I guessed the humor was how we let out the tension that kind of love brings. In those silly moments, Bucky, Sam, Steve, and I were perfect, and they were the sweetness I needed in rough times. That was what a friend could do... it was the love that made doors in emotional brick walls, the love that made everything possible.

          Around two days later, the three boys and I were finally on the move, once again; Sam, Bucky, Steve, and I checked out of our hotel room before the blonde super soldier drove us to the sixth level of a parking garage at the Leipzig/Halle airport. It appeared that the people we were waiting for hadn't arrived yet, so the four of us sat waiting inside the cramped navy-blue car.

           "How long 'til he gets here?" Sam asked the Captain.

           "I don't know. But he'll be here, I know it," Steve reassured the three of us, but more so himself.

           "So, what do we do until he comes?" Bucky requested.

         "We wait," Steve cleared his throat, taking the keys out of the ignition.

         Boredom expanded inside the car as nothing, as if one could reach out into the world and the hand would return empty. It was a painful disconnect, a stalling of passions that needed our time in the sun. I tapped on the window steadily, counting the different cars that sat inside the parking garage, but the waiting was killing me. I glanced over the parking lot and watched the different people slip past, trying to be on time for their plane to get out of the country. Often what we saw outside became reflected inward - on the still day we felt calmer. For me, the stillness of my soul came best after much movement and exerted energy. Then I could rest like a dog who had had hours in the forest, my muscles all burnt out. Then I could sit, unwind my mind and let thoughts flow. That was how I would like to be right now. Instead, I was crammed inside a tiny vehicle with absolutely no leg room whatsoever.