Chapter 3

"JJ, make sure you stay with Shikamaru, okay ?

My little brother nods and I give him a small kiss on the forehead.

"Take care of him Shikamaru!", the dark haired ninja nods in response with a soft smile as I make my way to the girl's locker room. The other cheerleaders are already sitting on the bleachers. I need to put my bag up before joining them. Once I enter the room, a rank smell fills my nostrils.

"What is that?!", I exclaim.

I cover my nose and realize that the smell begins to increase as I grow close to my locker.

"Huh?", I slowly enter my combination into the lock and open its door. Jumping back, I attempt not to scream as I view a dead rat lying in my locker. A yellow note lies on top of it with the words "BACK OFF" written in black, bold letters. Who would do something like this? My breathing grows heavy as I sit down on the bench below me. A hand lies on my shoulder, causing me to gasp loudly. pulling me from my thoughts.

"You okay?", Temari, the basketball team's manager, stares at me in confusion due to my current state. I take a hand and point to the dead rodent.

"WOAH- ", she yells and takes a step back,"I thought someone had just left a stinky pad in here or something....hey, the team was looking for you. I'll give your bag to Shikamaru and maybe all this mess can be sorted out later. Just focus on the game okay?"

Still slightly shaken, I nod and make my way back to the gym.

Just focus on the game....just focus.

"Hey Moni!", Ino smiles, running towards from the courtside cheerleader's area,"We want you to top the pyramid for the halftime show."

"But I thought Sakura was going to-"

"I think you're a better fit. Come on! The games starting!"
______
It was almost time for halftime and I felt nervous energy crowd my belly. Ino really wanted me to top the pyramid....I was a pyramid topper back at my old Highschool, but here  I was a base...I wonder why she switched us.

"NOW INTRODUCING THE KONOHA HIGH CHEER SQUAD!!"

I followed the squad unto the court as the crowd began to scream.

"Ready Ladies?", Ino shouted, a big smile written across her face as she stood toward our audience.

"You bet!", we responded.

"KONOHA ! KONOHA ! WE WON'T STOP! KONOHA! KONOHA! RISE TO THE TOP!"

The crowd cheered with glee.

"LET'S GO MOMO!!!!, I heard JJ yell while spotting Shikamaru laugh in amusement. He met my eyes for a split second and gave me a small wink before looking back at my younger brother. I smile flew across my face as I took a deep breath. It was almost time for the big stunt. Just one more cheer!

"NINJA FIGHT! NINJA WIN! KONOHA WILL MAKE IT TO THE END!!"

Another loud roar from the crowd. Ino nodded towards me, letting me know to get in place. I moved into my position and felt my body being lifted into the air.

This is your moment Moni....don't worry about the note...or the rat..just breathe

"GO! GO! KO! KO! GO! GO!"

I give the crowd a big smile before delivering my solo line, "BRING THE OTHER GUYS TO THE FLOO-."

I feel my body falling before landing on the ground harshly. A great big pain spreads throughout my ankle as my screams begin to fill the gym. Tears begin to spill down m face as I make eye contact with Ino, who gives me a nice little, sickening wink. My body tenses up as my throat begins to tighten.