⛈💙Nightmare💙🌧

The following is inspired by syntax-art on Tumblr, and せい 🍙 on Twitter go follow them! The image belongs to せい 🍙 and I was inspired that and a head cannon by syntax-art! This is my first fanfic, sorry if there's any odd parts or things take don't line up!

   Third party POV following Lucifer:

  I awoke jutting up from my bed, panicked and with every part of me ready to fight or to flight. I looked around the room, every fiber of my being looking for any danger or threat. After a few minutes I go back to my bed to sit and try to clam myself, my wings which I at first didn't realize were out wrapped around me as I curled up in a ball and let out what I keep in inside feeling my sobs throughout my whole body. Why... It's been so long yet I can't get the memories out of my mind. The war, the fall, the death..... Why won't it leave me be, even if it was only at night. Why?! Although it had been like every other nightmare I've had since that time, it had a different ending. Instead of in my mind repeating time over and over, it repeated once more but with a difference. The difference? MC was in the thick of everything. They followed, the fought, the fell, and they..... He suddenly felt another wave of tears washing over him. He could never show this side of him to anyone, but here alone in the clam darkness of his room..? He could afford that. After a while of calming down he decided that I'd be best to walk around the house for awhile to prove to himself that he was really there, not that it was a dream within a nightmare. No one would be awake and if they were then he'd scare them off to bed. It was 4:13 in the morning so if they were they'd get a punishment in the morning.

Third party MC POV:

I can't believe that I woke up at 3:04 by Beel going in the kitchen. I couldn't complain to much since I understand sometimes wanting a midnight snack or mini meal, but I wanted some breakfast in the morning. I'd been around an hour before everything was settled. I was just resettling when I heard someone walk through the hallway, freeze at my door, then move on momentarily. Is Beel up again? I swear I just saw him  knocked out after his head hit the pillow. He was so tired from his workout today he should be completely asleep. Should I check it out anyway...? Screw it. I opened the door hoping I wasn't making to much noise, if Lucifer saw me out at this time in the morning I'd probably get a 3 hour scolding about how sleeps important. Wait.... Speak of the devil...

"H-Hey....?" I peeped up through a fake groggy voice. I saw him jump a little from an unexpected voice but gathered is composer quickly "What are you doing up? You should be asleep by now..." Turning to face me, his face with a fake smile not reaching his face and his eyes puffy and with dark circles. "I guess I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, what about you?" I questioned wondering what got him is such a state, I've never seen him like this before... "Oh, I suppose it's the same thing for me. Did any of my idiot brothers wake you up?" He deflected, does he not want to let me in? I suppose it makes sense, he doesn't let anyone in. It shouldn't throw me for a loop. "I heard Beel getting food so I made him something. I'm pretty sure we all want breakfast tomorrow." I said with a smile, no matter how weak it looked I wanted to cheer him up. His features softened a bit "Ah, glad to know it wasn't I who awoke you. That would have been unfortunate" I heard him say softly. I automatically moved without thought towards the prideful demon and hugged him with feeble strength, knowing that something was up with him but no clue what. Tensing from the sudden touch he soothed quickly and melted into your touch as soon as he realized what you were doing. "Ha... sleepy aren't you? Let's get you to bed." He more so stated than asked but you refused soon after with "No. Not till you are feeling better and are fast asleep!"

Lucifer's POV:

...?!What do they mean by that..? Why would they be so concerned? Were my eyes still puffy or is my mask loose due to my lack of sleep? I snapped out of my thoughts as MC pulled away. Was my silence to long? My worry shifted away as instead they took my hand and pull me to my room. Trying to come up with some sort of clever comeback I said "If you want to get me if bed you just had to say so~" Dang I sounded to much like Asmo.... Ugh. My head perked upwards when I heard "LuLu. You don't have to put up a show for me..." How..... never-mind. "Whatever you you mean MC?" Trying to sound cool headed when in reality I was a bit panicked. I can risk falling of my place, letting others see my weakness. Their face was stone cold suddenly... did I do that..? Before I even realized it we were at my door. They murmured under their breath something that broke my resolve and heart "I'll leave you alone like you want. I won't bother you for the rest of your night. Sleep well, Lucifer. As they started to walk away I just couldn't let them go off like this... I grabbed there hand gently as I weakly mumbled "You're not bothering me at all... I apologize that I came off like that. It truly wasn't what I intended." As I said those last few words I pulled them in close to me, returning the hug they gifted me earlier. "I-I actually was wanting you to stay by my side tonight. I don't want to make you feel like you have to stay or anything, but if you want to I would love if you stick by my side for just awhile.." I managed to get out, my pride fighting me with every word. I heard the human in my arms peep as I rested my head on their shoulder, still in front on of my doorway awaiting an answer hopeful and yet carefully. Their grip on me tightened a bit as I replied "As long as you don't keep up an act." I instinctively pulled them in as close as I could, as if close isn't close enough and wrapped my wings around them as my demon form returned like earlier but instead of fear bringing it to light, this time out of peer joy. "I'll do anything for you... darling..?"

MC's POV:
I feel his strong yet gentle grasp lighten softly as he lifts my eyes to meet his, his tone both serious and questioning me about his last word. 'Darling..?' I give him a light and genuine smile as we gaze into one another, as he lets go just enough to have me take him by the arm as the tall mostly cheeky demon lead me inside his dark room. "You can sit anywhere you like, but if you care to join me I was planning on trying to get some shut eye..?" As he let me go and sat on his bed patting it lightly. I didn't even say anything and just full on bear hugged him while he sat motionless for a few seconds, but quickly after pulled me into his lap hugging me with the rest of his energy, putting his head in the nook of my neck. As I stroke his dark hair I can feel him melt under my touch. I feel him pull me down to the surface of the the bed, getting tangled into one another. As I hear his heart and breathing settle, I feel myself slipping into a clam unconsciousness I hear a low husky voice "I love you sunshine, never leave me... please......?" Is an unusually tired and shaky tone. I kiss the top of his forehead and as I plop next to him and see him go all shades of pink as I say "I love you too, and I'll do everything in my power to stay by your side forever." They turn from their back to look me, cupping his hand with my cheek rubbing it slowly "Are you sure? If you agree to- well.. all of this... you'll be mine and mine alone. Do you really want that? What if I only bring trouble to you? What if y-you get hurt..." his voice cracking near the end his hand going from my cheek to my arm, lightly squeezing in as if he was afraid I'd vanish in front of him. I snuggle up to him and hug him tightly as I stated "As long as I'm by your side, it'll all be alright. Besides even if I do... get injured to the point of no return..I'll return either in the celestial realm or right here in the Devildom..!" His grip on me tightened holding me right against him, as I rub the small of his back and head light sobs of joy and sadness until they slowly lighten into a restful sleep, I following suite.
1607 words! First full chapter done! I might do a part 2 in the future but all fanfics are connected as long as it's for the same character unless stated otherwise. So all Lucifer work is connected unless stated otherwise but no Lucifer work is connected to Mammon except if I state it is. Hope that clears everything up! If I counter any information already in a prior work let me know so I can fix it!