injury

No matter how much she could whine and moan and complain, she needed to clean herself. It was close to a couple days after she got injured and put on temporary leave. Since then, and since the accident, she hasn't showered. Not because it hurt too bad or she just couldn't, she just didn't want to.

But, with convincing of Nines, she caved and decided it was time to rinse the filth and sweat off her body. It also would get rid of the grease in her hair.

Her shoulder hurt bad and she already took enough painkillers to numb it, but it wasn't kicking in. She also knew she wouldn't be able to wash her hair as thoroughly as she would like for it to be. So she had that going for her.

"Hey, Nines, what's better for my shoulder? A shower or a bath?" She yelled from her bedroom, and more specifically from her dresser.

He was in the living room, probably doing paper work and watching a documentary on animals — apparently his favorite thing to do in his free time, "Since when did you care about how you treated yourself?"

She rolled her eyes and quietly cursed him out, knowing he'd hear it, "So, what's the verdict? Which one should I do?"

"Do what you feel comfortable doing."

"Thanks."

He mumbled something that she couldn't hear, so it obviously wasn't for her. She continued her selection of clean clothes and then she was set. Going to the bathroom, she quickly decided that a bath would be more relaxing and she could use some bubble mix as well. Shutting the door behind her and immediately turning on the water, she grabbed the bubbles as well.

During the wait time, she started to slowly strip of her clothes. It wasn't too difficult because it was relatively loose articles of clothing and didn't require two hands to remove. She also knew she should've had a compression sleeve or a sling on for longer than she did. But, past is the past and this is going to not be as relaxing as she would hope.

She did everything else she needed to do and then gently set herself in the warm water. The bubbles smelled of flowers and fruit, her favorite.

She reached up with her left hand (the uninjured one) on the shelf for the shampoo. So far, so good. She put a dollop on her hand — which was difficult with one hand — and began to lather it in her hair. Her hand was already starting to ache, seeing as she hasn't done any exhausting activities since the incident. She groaned and tried to bring her other arm up, completely forgetting about her injury.

She cursed suddenly and quite loudly as well, feeling the sensation peak through the painkillers. Tears were starting to form and leak down her face. She brought the arm down and cradled it. Letting them fall, she cried. She didn't remember it feeling this sore and all around painful.

She heard a knock at the door, "Are you alright?"

Sharply inhaling, sniffling a little as well, she nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine." Her voice did betray her though, as it cracked midway through her sentence. Another wave of pain coursed along her shoulder, causing a sob to rake through her chest. It was quiet, hopefully not too echoey for him to hear it.

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

She rested her head against the tiled wall, screwing her eyes shut. She spoke quietly through a repressed sob, feeling a lump in her throat, "Not really."

"Okay, I'm coming in." His tone was cautious and almost hesitant.

She covered herself with a plethora of bubbles and waited for him to come in. Before he opened the door, she tried her hardest to get rid of her reddened face and calmed her breathing. He was dressed in a black tee shirt and a pair of heather grey CyberLife sweatpants. Not the best clothing for assisting a wet person in distress, but it would have to do. She felt like she needed to cover herself even more because she could hardly tell he was android, with his hair covering the LED.

He noticed there was already shampoo sort of in her hair, so he wet his hands and began to massage the sweet smelling lather into her scalp.

It felt good, his fingers raking through the roots of her hair. She hummed in contentment and moved closer to him, just forgetting about her shoulder for a moment. Relishing in the satisfaction of the feeling of relaxation. She couldn't remember the last time someone actually cared for her. So, this was nice.

She felt water water run down her scalp and she shivered, the water hitting a certain spot on her head. She smiled and curled up slightly into the warm water. It felt like a blanket on a chilly day. Washing out her hair completely and do the same thing again with conditioner, she decided to speak up, "Thank you."

He paused, then continued to wash out the product, "It's never a problem, and it never will be."

She sighed, closing her eyes but not saying a thing. What she expected him to respond with was a simple you're welcome not something she would want to actively disprove. But she said nothing, just thinking.

So in a comfortable silence, she allowed him to rinse the conditioner out of her hair until he was satisfied. Which took a little bit because conditioner was always a pain to get out. When he was done, he dried his hands with a towel and stood up, "Do you need any more help?"

She nodded her head sheepishly, lowering her head and fidgeting with her pruning fingers, "Can you dry my hair too? I won't be able to." He said nothing but grabbed an extra towel from the cabinet and knelt back down. "Sorry." She mumbled, feeling like she was a burden. Probably interrupting his work.

Once again, he didn't say anything. Instead worked to dry her hair to a point it wouldn't drip down her back. "Once you get out, let me finish drying it. I won't be able to do much more until you are."

She nodded and sniffled, and called out to him before he left the bathroom, "Could you please get the body wash? Thank you." This had to be the worst part of letting some care for you, feeling the guilt billow in your chest.

"No problem," he replied, leaning a little over the bathtub to grab the coconut scented one.

She shook her head, "Not that one."

He hesitated, fingers hovering over the slim bottle, "What do you mean?"

"I wanted that one," she pointed with her left hand to the one on the opposite side of the tub.

He seemed confused and followed her gesture, "You mean my body wash?"