Chapter One

Diavolo and I had a stare off as the people around us began whispering to each other. Time felt as though it had stopped. I glared at the former boss as he glared back, frightened even at the sight of me.

I can let him be killed in my world, I don't care... But then.. a thought crossed my mind... I promised myself I would save all those who died originally in the show... I know I did.

With that thought in mind, I let out a small sigh and the tension in my body loosens before looking at Diavolo again with a calm expression... Before reaching my hand out to him.

Of course I was a bit hesitant, knowing well he can end me right here right now. He seemed shocked when I was offering my hand to help him up from the ground he sat on.

With the many eye witnesses around, he simply cannot attack me out in the open. "Just take my hand and get off the floor.." I said wearily. My minds telling me not to help him at all... But amongst all the characters I risked my life for, Diavolo was the least one I'd expect myself to help.

Diavolo was contemplating whether to take my hand or not before finally and slowly reaches out. I thought for sure he was going to take my hand and get up... But instead he got up on his own and pushed pass me, enough to knock me down and land on a dirty puddle of water as I watched him bolt for an escape somewhere.

"Seriously!? You have any idea how much this dress/suit cost me!?" I called out to him. Though my yelling fell into deaf ears.

I groaned in frustration and ran after him down the street. He doesn't even know the first thing about this world and he's just running loose with a killer stand that no one can see!

I ran after the bastard and turned the corners here and there

I stopped to catch my breath as I looked around, he ended up blending in with the crowd walking around the crowded plaza.

I cursed under my breath and tried to spot him in the crowd. "This is stupid... Why do I even bother chasing him... Oh right, so he doesn't kill anyone in this world." I mumbled to myself. After a few minutes I finally spotted him trying to blend in with the people who were about to cross the street. "HEY!!" I yelled as Diavolo flinched and pushed through the crowd as our chase began again.

A honking horn from a speeding car on our right caught my attention. Guess his death loop really doesn't end. "Bastardo!! Come're fool!!" I said as I literally grabbed Diavolo by his hair and yanked him back right on time the speeding car flew by us as we both hit the ground, me on the bottom and him on top.

"Ugh," I groaned. This is the second time I ended up on the ground and the air knocked out of my gut.

Diavolo frantically got up and looked at the speeding car before back at me. We stayed on how we were and staring at each other once more.

I blinked and looked around and noticed the crowd had gathered around us. I soon got up and took his hand. "Come on... Don't give me that look like I'm about to kill you... I might.... But you know what? You're in my world now. So I guess I'll spare you.." I said quietly and tugged him with me.

Guess I have no choice but to take this stray dog home...

Somewhere else...

Giorno felt something wasn't right... To the point he can't seem to properly work or even actually listen to Bruno's report on the daily mission he does.

"Giorno, is something the matter?" Bruno asked as he tilts his head.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." Giorno said as he rests his head on his hand and his elbow on his desk. "I'm just...bothered by something..."

"Bothered by what exactly?" Bruno asked curiously.

"It's probably nothing... Maybe it's something I'm forgetting.." Giorno replied, shaking his head and sat back up. "Continue Bruno.."

"Right... Anyways, as I was saying," Bruno went on with hi report as Giorno did his best to listen... Even though his mind was drifting to the feeling the fact something interrupted the flow of Diavolo's infinite death loop effect.

The question is... What paused it?