06

"Dawn, stop farting!" Nora groaned from the other couch.

"It's not me!" I replied with my head buried under the pillow.

After a few days of living this close to Nora, we were both grumpier than usual. It was like a repeat of when we shared a room. Then, Nora was usually mad at me for just existing or completely ignoring me; there was no in-between.

"It is you. Gosh, what did you eat last night? I can smell it over here!"

I groaned as I uncovered myself with the pillow.

"Seriously, it's not-" I breathed in the smell that filled the loft." Wait, I know that smell !" I said, turning to Nora.

The fire alarm went off, and loud music echoed throughout the loft. We followed the smell to the kitchen where mom was cooking.

"What are you doing?" Nora questioned as I sat at the island.

"Uh, nothing, go back to bed!" Mom replied.

"Moms famous pancakes, I knew it!" I mumbled to Nora as she made a disgusted face before pouring her a cup of coffee.

"So I see you still know your way around the kitchen!" Nora said with a grin as Flash came downstairs.

"What's happening?" He asked as I tried avoiding eye contact.

He's been trying to get me to talk about what happened last week before the accident. I've tried telling him it was nothing and that I was just tired from reading an entire textbook. Nevertheless, he keeps asking, "is anything swirling around?" every chance he gets. 

I would rather forget it happened along with the time-freezing thing because it would be impossible for me to have powers and not know. I mean, shouldn't I feel like running a mile in two seconds? It's not like I have a chip; we checked. So the only logical reason for what happened is that I was on a weird electric energy high that made me see things. There's no point in telling none of them because I feel fine now.

Mom sat a plate in front of each of us as we sat at the table. Flash was at the end while I sat next to Nora; Mom sat opposite of us.

"What...do we have here?" He said as we all stared at the lumpy pancakes.

They looked the same as they did in the future before I started helping mom cook.

"Well, these are pancakes, as you can see. But I made them into little lightning bolts!" Mom replied as Nora began taking pictures of the pancakes." Well, the batter kind of got away from me, but you can see the little zig-zag-"

"Yeah-yeah, I totally see it!" Flash replied.

"What-what are you doing?" Mom asked Nora as I picked up a fork and picked at the gravelly pancake.

" I'm just getting evidence that you make lumpy pancakes in every time period!"

I cut a piece off of the crunchy pancake and starred at it, debating if I wanted to put it in my mouth.

"Mmhhh, lumpy but delicious right girls?" Flash said to Nora and me.

Nora pretended to search for something on her phone, which left the spotlight on me. Mom and Flash were staring at me as I ate the pancake that had been sitting on my fork.

"Yeah... there great!" I said, trying not to choke on the tasteless gravel In my mouth.

Mom smiled, pleased by my response, before her facial expression changed.

"Dawn, your nose is bleeding?" Flash said, concerned.

I tried to wipe away the blood, but it only got worse. I quickly stood up, knocking over the pitcher filled with orange juice.