24

Everyone else had moved to the back of the room unbeknownst to me. Cisco was going to test the weapon on the satellite piece we had. If it worked on this, it should work on the dagger.

"Right." I mumbled before standing next to Dad.

I watched as Cisco raised the weapon and pointed it at the satellite before firing.

A glass-like cover draped the outside of the satellite before disappearing. Relief washed over me when nothing happened.

"Is something supposed to happen or..."

Ralph was cut off by the glass cover recovering the satellites before it collapsed onto itself and disappeared. Smiles appeared on every face in the room except for mine.

"Where did it go?" Ralph asked.

"Excuse me." I said attempting to leave the room.

"Are you okay?" Dad whispered stopping me.

"Uh, yeah." I replied with a smile. "I just need some water."

The smile was gone by the time I was in the hallway. It felt like a ton of bricks was sitting on my chest that was restricting me from breathing. I leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath but nothing was working. What Nora said earlier replayed in my mind over and over again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nora led me to the time vault and shut the door behind us. From the look on her face, what she was about to say wasn't good news.

"What is it?" I said waiting for her to say something.

She paused as if she was trying to gather her thoughts.

"I promised that I wouldn't lie or keep secrets from you-' Nora paused. "Even though I really wanted to keep this a secret because I'm your big sister and it's my job to protect you-"

"What's wrong?" I said cutting her off.

Nora went quiet again.

"Do you remember when Uncle Wally said some historical events are soft and can be changed while others are fixed?" Nora began "and so far we've been changing soft events and making small ripples but... Destroying Cicadas dagger isn't a ripple."

"What do you mean?" I said knowing exactly where this was going but I didn't want to believe it.

Nora sighed.

" If we destroy Cicada's dagger, we'll be Completely rewriting history, our history! And If our history doesn't exist then we shouldn't exist either."

It seemed to echo in my head over and over again.

"You knew this was going to happen?" I raised my voice.

"No, I didn't and I still don't know for sure." She added." But I checked with Gideon, and she said there is a 75% chance of us erasing ourselves from the timeline."

"75% chance?" I practically yelled." That's not good Nora!"

"I know, but there is still a 25% chance that nothing will happen at all besides us having different memories!" Nora said grabbing my shoulders." Look, I know it doesn't look good but these numbers are not definite, Dawn, so try not to think about it too much," She finished. "We're going to be fine, okay?"

"Okay." I muttered

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>