↳ (𝐓𝐁𝐇𝐊) The Only Exception - Teru Minamoto

𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈(𝐬): Teru Minamoto x Gn!Reader (ᴛʜᴇʏ/ᴛʜᴇᴍ)
𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒓𝒆: Fluff and Angst
𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈: none

ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ: Teru Minamoto, an exorcist of a reigning clan, is willing to give an exception for the one he loves.

────────────────────────────────

The crowd of students clustered around to greet their student council president and prince charming: Teru Minamoto.

It's a well-known fact that he was attractive and responsible, making him well-liked and respected. His excellence in his classes and kind demeanor put the cherry on top of his charisma

Teru upheld the image of being any student's "dream significant other", causing plenty of declarations of love through verbal communication or fine letters Teru encounters almost every day, all turned down, parroting the same lines:

"I'm sorry, I already like someone else."

Students wondered who? Who was this individual who stole Minamoto's heart? They had to be a person of his caliber, right? This discussion received mass attention to the point where it warranted its exclusive blog where anyone could contribute.

Oh, how far off could they be?

Teru gave his charming smile and waved to students greeting him on his way to the class kitchen.

Sliding the door open, he scanned the room for any students present, catching the bought ingredients he placed on the counter this morning.

Before he could touch any of them, his hand clenched,  acknowledging the sudden drop in temperature.

Nestled in the corner, an ominous black aura accumulated at the exorcist's presence. The blotches of shadow continued to grow, solidifying into a human figure. With his back turned, this was its only chance.

With the speed of light, it charged toward him and exclaimed—

"Gotcha!"

The figure in black busted into a palette of muted colors. Their arms were thrown around his shoulders as they sported a cheeky grin.

Teru's pensive expression relaxed into a gentle smirk, marked with smugness. "Nice try." He sang with a teasing tone.

"Aw! How come you never get scared?" They pouted. The mokkes who accompanied the sulking ghost held up a whiteboard written "nice try" on it.

"I'm an exorcist, remember?" Teru chuckles. They let out an exasperated sigh.

"Well, now that you're here. Let's get baking!" They raised their hands in the air.

"Yay, baking!"
"Time for some sweet treats."
"Let's just hope it doesn't burn..."

The last comment made Teru softly glare and pout towards the mokke who said that. They chuckled and patted his head, easing his growing tension.

You may be asking how. How did a powerful and skilled exorcist such as himself find the heart to make peace with the supernatural?

Earlier this School Year

Teru made his way to the student council room. Exhaustion catching up to him from classes and exorcist work, so when a mischievous mokke accidentally took the pen from his fingers.

Not having any spares, he irked and made chase. "Can this day get any worse?" He muttered in frustration.

An upcoming sharp turn came, as he skidded his shoes above the floor creating a squeaking noise. Teru's face was in a scowl as he was about to reach for the adorable rascal's ears before an impact came on his right.