↳ (𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓) Transparent - Gene

𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈(𝐬): Gene x GN!Reader (ʏᴏᴜ/ʏᴏᴜʀ)
𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒓𝒆: angst with comfort
𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈: taken place in "Mystreet: Aphmau's Year;" Emerald Secret spoilers.

ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ: After the incident at the lodge, you've been trying to conceal your new powers from your husband, Gene; but you underestimate how perceptive he could be...

────────────────────────────────

You opened your backyard door, the midnight breeze nipping your skin as you sat down on the porch. You hugged yourself, attempting to mimic the warmth you found on your bed and your husband's arms.

It felt so hard to be with him, you felt like you didn't deserve his embrace and kindness, not if you were hiding a big secret about yourself for the past weeks now.

Months have passed since the incident back at the lodge. Months have passed since the Lycan family revealed a big part about themselves none, not even Aphmau, knew.

You've always wondered how Aaron could keep such a secret from Aphmau. Was it as hard as you were stressing about at this moment? Sleepless nights only to wonder if it would be right to be fully open to their lover?

You inhaled a deep breath. Bringing your hands out from your chest, as your fingertips touch one another. You closed your eyes, you made sure to output only small amounts of energy; and to do that, you thought of happy memories.

'Control your breathing. Concentrate on my well-being and mind.' You repeated the words Lucinda told you back then. The positive memories almost came naturally to you, since they were the source of one person.

How odd it was that you married the Shadow Knights' leader, you still remember the day you met when he mistook you for a freshman. You remember the shocked faces of everyone you knew when they heard the news about your engagement.

It never failed to put a smile on your face.

"Y/n?"

The familiar voice made you flinch, dissipating the glow from your palms. You held them close to your chest, you turned around to see Gene with a confused look.

Who wouldn't be when their spouse was glowing momentarily ago?

Gene's brows furrowed a bit, the lump in your throat was hard to swallow as he stepped closer to you.

"Gene-! I- w-what are you doing?" You internally scolded yourself for that question.

He grew more puzzled as he stared at you. "You weren't in the bed. I thought you went downstairs to get some food but then I saw you out here..."

You slowly nod at his response, your breathing was slow, you felt your entire body shaking. "Well-"

"Y/n is there something you want to tell me?" His words were rushed, the worriedly tone made your heart drop even further.

"You... You've been acting so off ever since you came back. You've been closed off lately, refusing to keep eye contact with me, skipping meals, and staying up late—" He said quietly. He walked closer to you inch by inch as he continued, "—and you're doing that thing where you're hiding your hands from me!"

You stared at your lap, clutching your hands closer. Your body was trembling from the overwhelming feelings that were overcoming you. His arm wrapped around your shoulders, his left arm tilting your chin to face him.

His eyes held so much care and adoration, just looking at them is making your resolve crumble. "Y/n please, tell me what's going on?"

That's where you gave in.

You briefed him on everything that happened that day at the lodge. Tears started to spill but he stayed strong, holding your hand through the entire story. The Lycan family being werewolves, the Forever Potions, Ein, Kim's possessing of Ghost, and your transformation...

Gene kept calm, but it was evident he was shocked the entire time. "Was that why you collapsed?" You nodded.

He brought you into a hug, as your tears stained his shirt. "I wasn't supposed to tell you this, so you can't tell anyone, alright?" You felt him nod.

You both returned to your bedroom, collapsing on the bed as sleep consumed you once again. Gene wrapped his arms around your waist, a firm grip of your figure. "Love ya..." mumbled Gene.

A smile came to your lips, as you replied "I love you too..." dozing off.

Tonight just proved that no matter what, there wasn't getting around Gene and his love for you.