2

His head pounded, voices screaming at him that no one else could hear. His eyes only open a small bit and the tv off for once. Chase was home alone again, having been fired from another job. The water in his hand had done nothing but make him feel like he was going to throw up, and the ice on his forehead felt too cold. He knew what was wrong, but he refused to admit it. If any of the others were to notice, or if Marvin was doing his mindreading bullshit again, they wouldn't leave him alone. They would cancel their jobs, but he was fine.

Another sneeze shook his body, and the sniffles of a runny nose returned. His hearing went under and he was reminded that he had yet to eat today. "Maybe I should have convinced Jackie to stay back today." He pondered as he tried to stand on shaky legs, voice rasping slightly. "I swear to god if one of them touched my chicken nuggets I will commit arson." He stumbled into the kitchen, leaning heavily against the walls.

The fridge poured out cold air, freezing the man in a long sleeve and shorts. His hands dug through the fridge, eventually resting upon the box of chicken nuggets. He smiles weakly, excited. The smile didn't last long, though. A loud crash echoed through the house, his headache bursting with new intensity. "Who the fuck is it?" He yelled, before breaking down into a repressed coughing fit.

He got no answer, but he didn't investigate. Whoever it was couldn't get away with theft from them, and if they weren't approaching him already, there was no murder planned. Chase grumbled loudly and shoved a cold chicken nugget in his mouth as he returned to the couch. Whoever it was could go to hell for all he cared currently.

The feet of the once-respected father flopped him back down upon the couch. The chicken nuggets his only focus.

"Dude! Chase!" The superhero bounced into the room, a fresh bandage wrapped around his arm. "You'd never guess what I sto- Woah, holy shit, are you alright?" Obviously, he wasn't as oblivious as he was on an hour of awake time.

Chase scoffed, still determined to lie to himself. "Nothing, bro." He waved his hand vaguely. He flinched as a hand smacked him, gentle for the other in the room. "What the hell?" He exclaimed, breaking off into coughs.

Chase's chosen brother sighed loudly, perching himself upon the couch. "This ain't nothing." His cold hand pressed upon his warm forehead. "Sick. For sure. I won't call, Hen, though."

The two sat up talking through the afternoon. These friends rarely got to spend alone time together where they aren't punching and yelling. Jokes were made until faces were as red as Jackie's suit, and they found more shared interests than they thought.

"Hey, what do you think ever happened to glitchy?" The question rang in the air after a few minutes of silence.

Chase took a deep breath, pondering all possibilities. "He became some weird recluse who constantly threatens people?" He giggled at the image his brain added with it.

Jackie snorted loudly, "Wouldn't surprise me." The two settled back into silence.

This chapter was just to establish that Anti is unknown currently, and there is a slight worry about what that could mean. Emphasis on slight.