3

Chase scowled at the bright sky. The sun burned his eyes, but no fear lay in the pit of his stomach. It had been a long time since any of them had seen the barely human passing ego, and none of them were excited by the possibility of that changing. It was strange how pleasant life was without the constant fear of being killed.

He of course had some attention upon the kids he only got to see once a month now that Anti is gone. Stacy was a concerned parent, to say the least, and Anti was dangerous. Anti was also terrifying even when relaxed. But, that didn't matter now. He wasn't dead, as Seán is alive, but he wasn't around them anymore.

A lithe man with shaggy green hair passed right through his vision and was audibly grumbling to himself as his hands dug through his pockets. "Fucking hell, I can't wait a whole week." Some coins tumbled to the sidewalk, but he didn't seem to hear them.

Chase picked them up, getting shocked when his hands made contact, and placed a hand on the other's shoulder to stop him. "Excuse me sir, but you dropped these." He was confused himself about what caused him to return the few quarters that normally didn't matter to him. That wasn't the biggest surprise though as the faintly green man turned around. "Anti?"

"Who the fuck are you dude and why do you know my name?" His shoulder spun, flinging Chase's hand off of him. "Wait, I sort of remember you. You're the little bitch with kids." He cackled at this revelation, his head thrown backward showing off his scar.

The dad took a step back, mumbling something of agreement. Anti shoved his shoulder lightly and they made eye contact. "How are you?" Chase's voice was shaky, and his hands twirled the coins.

"Good, good, and by the way, I'm coming home with you to catch up with the others and you can't say no." Anti's voice dug at his ear's worse than nails on a chalkboard. The demand didn't surprise him but broke some of his hopes that over these years he had changed.

Chase sighed, breaking eye contact. "Of course you are. Still demanding as ever." His head shot up, eyes searching the field for his kids in the emptiness. The park was empty today, which he somehow hadn't noticed. "Come on, kids! It's time to go!" There they were, running towards Chase and Anti.

"Do we have to?" The younger, his daughter, whined loudly. Chase smiled at her as sweet as he could manage what with the enemy standing so close by and nodded. She groaned and huffed, but allowed herself to be strapped into the car.

An hour later they pulled into the long driveway of the Septic household. "We are going to have to set some ground behaviors before you can go in." Chase faked calm, hitting the lock button. "One, hands stay out of your pockets and at your side at all times, two if you have a knife, put it on the coffee table, and three, let them start the conversation." Anti huffed loudly, trying to protest. "Do you want to die?"

"Well, no."

"Then listen to me." His voice was final and even Anti didn't doubt him at that moment. He unlocked the car doors and followed Anti out. When the two reached the door Chase could see the glitch's shoulders beginning to tense more. He didn't do shit to fix it though.

Anti opened the door slowly to a sight the father expected. Henrik was bustling around in the kitchen, Jackie and Marvin were draped across the couch playing some game and Jameson sat in a wooden rocking chair signing encouragement to whoever was losing. Anti seemed to kind of freeze-up at the pleasant sight. Their shoulders collided and the feared fixed his shirt.

Chase called out to his family, and they gathered in the living room. Well, those who hadn't been there already. The father figure attached his hand to one of Anti's and dragged him to the center of the room. All those with a voice shouted at the two in overlapping waves that were damn near impossible to understand.

"Hold on, hold on." Chase was glaring at his fellow egos, voice projecting but not yelling. Silence pittered over the rest. "I was thinking we could keep a better eye on him here now that he has seen me. And, all of you."

The vlogger spared a glance at the glitch whose thumbs were tucked into his pockets and glitching had shown itself. His bottom lip was tucked in between his teeth, being chewed to the damn near the point of bleeding. His eyes flickered both between colors and everyone in this room. He almost looked harmless.

Henrik let out an exasperated sigh, "What are you implying Chase? We let him live here so he can kill us in our sleep?" Chase could feel his ice eyes digging into his head, searching for sane answers that maybe he won't find. "That is crazier than when Warfstache..." The rest of his comment drifted into unintelligible mumbles that the dad didn't try too hard to hear.

The hero threw himself in front of Chase, red in the face. "Dude, that's too much to ask."

"I'm not asking." Chase could see everyone's posture shift. That was that, he had the control now. Even if he couldn't tell, Jameson signing a simple agreement was proof enough, Anti was staying and he didn't look as if he would protest.