4

Anti got the attic. He couldn't glitch up there due to it being a space Marvin could contain the spell, and he couldn't get out silently either. The house was so silent now, everyone but Chase finding a reason to leave.

That didn't mean Chase talked to him. Chase kept himself confined to his room, door locked and music softer than ever. He didn't trust him even if he is the one that got him to stay here.

The attic opened for the second time that day with a loud bang. It was nearly 11 at night. Something Chase had figured out was that he ate a significant amount less than everyone else. It's fine though that he is getting something, Chase wasn't hungry anyway.

Henrik was here today. His job wasn't letting him take any more hours without a day off and he was pissed. Currently, Chase was sitting on the doctor's bed as he went on and on about something.

"This will completely disturb my research! They already make me perform surgeries when I should be researching. The assholes and their absolute bullshit!" Chase, mostly zoned out from the doctor's rant was shifting around, hands scraping down his legs. "Chase? Do you know what the glitch would be doing right now?" The curious glint in his eyes was strong, hands dancing to his coat pocket where he stored his pens.

The other Dad startled back to reality, hands brushing through his hair. "Oh, yeah, probably a granola bar for linner."

"Linner?"

"Lunch and dinner, doc, lunch, and dinner."

Henrik growled, nearly silent, eyes squinting tight. He grabbed chase by the shirt and pulled him up. "We will go make him proper food. A granola bar is not enough for two meals!" and they marched out the door and down the stairs.

Anti was squatting in front of the pantry, digging through boxes of granola bars trying to find one without a name scrawled on it. Chase felt something rush through him, eyes watering and throat squeezing. He was so small. "Anti?" The demon launched up and fell over into the door hard. He didn't say anything, just stared at Chase with wide eyes. "What do you want for dinner?"

Still Anti didn't respond, so next Henrik spoke. "You can't just eat a small snack instead of proper meals, so what do you want for food?" His voice was stern, putting even Chase on edge.

Anti opened his mouth, static pouring out. "Um, I don't really, uh, care." Chase could see the words hitting the doctor. He was certainly confused, this wasn't the abrasive and confident villain they had all known for years. The gears were spinning for a few seconds before he stepped closer to the glitch. "What do you want, Doc? I'm assuming it's my dick because I mean who wouldn't."

"I'd rather not, Anti. I was wondering though if we could have a checkup after dinner. I do keep track of all resident's health here and you will not be an exception." He reached over Anti pulling out a box as Chase lingered in the doorway.

"You two keep on bonding I'm just gonna-" He managed to take a step back towards the stairs before the doctor shoved him towards the table along with Anti.

He pushed his glasses up, glaring. "Don't pull that shit with me, Chase Brody. I know you forgot to eat as well."

"And? You're not my dad!"

"Might as well be."

After dinner, Chase was dismissed from their presence and he slouched back to his room. Sure his music didn't need to be as loud as it was, but to be honest, his head ached. It was dark now, early in the morning. He was just so tired. Then he wasn't as his door slammed open and an out-of-breath Anti appeared. He just shut the door and dived under Chase's bed, glitching slightly.

"What the hell dude?" Chase exclaimed in a whisper, not very welcome to a demon being in his room.

Anti just shushed him and whispered back, "He's a creep who wants to see me naked!"

Though the Dad almost burst out laughing, he still reassured Anti, "I'll guard you." He then proceeded to return to speak-singing along to his music. He could faintly hear the doctor yelling from his basement office for Anti, and it made him smile. This all felt so natural.

Henrik eventually grew tired of trying to get Anti to finish his checkup, and Anti was left in Chase's room. Anti sat criss-cross on the edge of the bed and Chase mirrored everything he did right down to the intense stare for a solid couple of minutes. "Anti, do you ever need to-"

"Suck a dick? Totally." He cut him off, shaking one hand intensely at the same time. "Chase, do you ever crave-"

"Death? Absolutely, bro." Chase shot him some finger guns and the two burst out laughing. Though the topics were light and both ignored the swelling of discomfort with every true laugh, the conversation flowed easily. Like they had years of experience.

The next morning they awoke in each others arms and the first thing Chase did was scream. He felt so unsafe. "Get the hell out right now motherfucker!" And he watched as Anti did. Scrambling and glitching out of sight. His eyes stung and his hands were shaking. Everything is alright, he himself is alive, and he can still hear Henrik and nobody else could come home, again. It's alright.