The School

Oh no. Mono was now panicking, he ran back to the door, trying it pull it open but it wouldn't even budge, not even a little bit. Mono felt a huge pit grow in his stomach as he looked back over to Six, who was curled up, resting on the floor.

Mono's breathing was starting to quicken, he felt his head going light. That was when they heard a loud crash coming from farther away in the school. Mono's senses snapped back to him as Six shot up and ran over to him, quickly grabbing his hand. What was that?

"It's okay, you'll be fine," he said to Six, who was hiding behind his arm, he said it to try and calm her but he said it for himself too, not exactly feeling too brave. Six took off Monos coat and handed it back to him. He slipped it back on and Six re-grabbed his hand. She tightened her fingers around his, using her other arm to wrap it around his arm. This made Mono feel a little better, and he felt his bravery start to come back to him.

"Let's go, we need to find a way out of here." Six just nodded in response. More crashes came as the two began to walk forward. There was a long staircase leading up to the second floor and a long hallway that when straight from the front door. "Let's go down there," Mono whispered, pointing down the long hallway, not wanting to go upstairs and go near the crashes.

They started the walk down the long school hallway, the floor filled with filth and mold, the floor was cold and a checker like pattern seemed to go on forever. There were blue lockers going straight down the hallway on both sides, pausing for a door every once in a while.

Mono looked around, hoping to find a way out or an open door, but there was nothing. Just a long hallway of dirty lockers and closed doors. There's got to be something.

After a little while of walking down the seemingly never ending hallway, they finally came to an end, however the shiny paths continued to the left and to the right of them. They stood there, lost and confused. Which way?

Mono peaked around some more, trying to determine the best way to take, when he heard yells and laughing coming from the distance. He squeezed onto Six's hand and pulled themselves behind a wall, hoping to not get caught by whatever that was.

The screams and shouts were getting closer and closer, Mono held his breath so that he wouldn't make any sudden noises, Six stood to the right of him, trying to peak over to get a glimpse of what that was. Mono held out his arm, attempting to hold her back, but she just leaned out farther.

Then they saw two things walk by, running and spinning down the hallway, causing a ruckus. What are those things? They looked like children. They were both wearing black shoes with tall long sock, and had a dark brown vest like outfit over a white t-shirt. Their heads also appeared too big for their skinny bodies, which were about the same size and height of Mono, the heads almost looked as if they were made of glass. And they were.

The two children galloped and scampered from the right hallway and followed it along, heading straight, Mono happy they didn't turn left, or else they would have been busted. After the sounds of screams and laughter finally subsided, Mono figured it was time for them to go.

"Lets go right," Mono whispered, getting closer to Six's face. "Just so we don't accidently run into them again." Six agreed and they peaked out, just to make sure there was nothing else coming, and they ran. They scampered down the long hallway, as fast as they could; their little feet causing a little pitter patter on the tiles as they did so.

"In here" Mono quietly spoke, he took a sharp turn left into an open room. Six, who still had her hand in his, slipped at the sudden swift turn but was able to maintain on her feet, careful not to fall and take Mono down with her.