The Library

The teachers steps became louder, the sound of her heels smacking against the ground pierced the two's ears.

Mono backed up into a corner as he watched the silloute of the teacher walk around on the other side of the bookcase. Six was behind in, cornered. He placed his hand on the wall and the other by his side, he pressed his back against Six. She trembled sightly.

As the teacher walked passed again, Mono peaked over to Six who was squished in the corner. "Let's go," he whispered. He grabbed her hand and they quickly but quietly made their way over to the other end of the bookcase.

Mono sighed as he heard the teacher walking around some more, she had not noticed the two. He felt a small tugging on his arm. Six was pointing at something.

Over at another bookcase against the wall, was a vent at the top. They could escape from there, but it would be difficult to get to, especially without alerting the teacher.

Mono hummed, trying to think of a plan. He thought about waiting until the teacher left, but he didn't know how long that would be until she did. Then something clicked, it was the best idea he had, and probably the only one too.

Mono re-grabbed Six's hand, squeezing on tight as he made his way over to a latter that extended from the floor to the bookshelves, dragging Six along side him. Mono let go of her hand, now gripping onto the side of the latter, sliding his way down to the floor. Six took noticed and followed behind.

Once they were both safely on the ground, he grabbed Six again and they crawled around, hiding behind some stacks of falling books. It's smelt like old pages. Yuck.

They were only able to make it about half way, when they started to hear the teacher growing closer once again. "Over there," Mono whispered and they ran behind a box, hiding inside of it. The box was small and crammed but they made it work, sitting almost shoulder to shoulder.

Mono glanced to Six, she seemed to be panting and distressed. "You okay?" He asked as he got a little closer to her face, attempting to be as quiet as possible. She shot her head over to him, their faces extremely close. She just nodded, it was a slight nod and Mono knew that she just did it to calm his nerves.

"We'll find a way out of here," he whispered. "I promise." Six just stared at him before moving her head down to face his hands. Mono moved his hand over to grab hers, giving it a small yet comforting squeeze.

She still wasn't sure if she would be able to trust him or not, but right now, she didn't have much of a choice.

Mono peaked out from the box, Six's hand still in his. "All clear, let's go." They ran from out from behind the box, sprinting towards the other bookshelf.

It was somewhat difficult climbing up the shelves. Six would toss Mono up, and once he was up, he would pull her up. It was very time consuming but it was the best plan they had.

Only 2 more shelves left until we are at the top, only tw- his thoughts were cut off. The teacher was coming back.. again. "Hurry Six, hurry." He whispered as Six tossed him up to the next shelf, she jumped up into his hands as he pulled her up, easily. One more, one more. Mono placed his foot in Six's hand again, shooting him up to the top of the shelf. Six once again jumped, her hands falled into his. As he was pulling her up, they heard at loud, yet familiar, screech.

The screech shot through to two's hears, and small ringing starting to form in Mono's. Looked up to see the source of the loud interruption, Six now standing next to him, and a little behind, hiding behind his back. The teacher, she had spotted him.

"RUN," Mono yelled as he ran over to the vent, wrapping the cover right off. Luckily this vent was a little taller than the others had been, giving the small children room to run, instead of trying to crawl away, but they still had to crouch a bit.