Rain

Six's eyes slowly made their way open from a deep sleep, sighing. She placed her hands on the rough ground, sitting up against the wall.

She looked down as a piece of fabric fell from her shoulders to her lap as she did so. Mono's jacket? Mono? Where is Mono?

Six shot her head over to where Mono had been, and still was. He was still sitting beside her, now as close as ever. He had his bag on still too, Six wasn't sure if he slept with it on or put it on when he woke up, but she didn't really care.

"Hey, you're awake," Mono smiled. Six couldn't see it, but she could tell by the soft tone in his voice. She nodded.

She turned her gaze back down to the brown coat that laid on her lap.

Mono noticed this. "It started getting a little windier and you seemed cold."

She grasped onto the jacket, pulling it back up to her chest. She gripped onto to tightly, as if it was a stuffed animal, as she now started to feel the harsher winds he had pointed out. Mono giggled a little, smiling under his mask as he watched the little girl clutch his jacket.

Six turned her gaze back up to him, he felt another small wave of heat go up to his face, but not as extreme as last night.

"Are you well rested now?" He asked, breaking any tension between the two. She nodded again. "That's good, we should probably head out now," he exclaimed. "The sooner we found our way out, the better."

Six agreed, nodding her head as she always did. She extended her arms outward towards Mono, handing him back his jacket.

"You sure? You might get cold." Mono asked. He knew that he would get cold too, but his under shirt was enough to keep him warm, along with his thick brown jeans.

"Ye..yes," Six mumbled. Mono was a bit taken back, not expecting to hear her talk, only nod. "Th.. thank y..you."

Mono smiled again, glad to hear her talk. Her voice was still quite raspy and weak, but he could tell she was trying her hardest.

"You're welcome," he laughed as he took the coat from her hands, his slightly hands accidentally grazing over hers. There it was again, that stupid rush of heat. Oh my God, stop it. What is wrong with me today?

He looked down at the coat, slipping it back on around his body, fixing the collar and buttoning only the first button.

Mono made his way out of the crack first, slowly, since he was the closest to the opening, Six followed behind.

"I found a path yesterday when I was out, I'm not sure where it leads but it might be promising." Mono said, leaning his back against the wall as Six made her out into the outside. "It's the best plan I've got so far, anyway."

Six agreed, following behind as Mono made his way back to the path he had been exploring just that night.

The sky was still dark, but not as bad as it had been. There was a thick light blue fog that covered the city, the sky started to grow grayer and windier by the second.

Mono and Six blindly made their way around the city, Mono doing his best to remember the path he had taken. Straight through here, left before the next building.. um.

Mono stopped, confused. He brought his hand up and under his mask to his mouth, thinking. He didn't know where to go from here.

They had stopped in a small ally, some walls, apartments, and trash divided, creating a path for the two. The concrete flooring felt wet and cold on their feet. The wind now picking up, the two began to feel small water droplets drop from the sky. Rain.