Intro

*TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE*

Flashback

"mama no! you know I wouldn't do that. Why won't you believe me!" I cried to her, she knows I would never lie to her. 

"you think you grown, walking around the house with barely any clothes on. Cursing like you pay the bills in this house-"

"I do though-" I crossed my arms and said below a whisper. I provide everything in this house and she stills treat my like this.

"I DON'T CARE, I AM YOUR MOTHER. YOU ARE THE CHILD. START ACTING LIKE THAT"

"MAMA WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME, HE RAPED ME"

"MY NIGGA WOULD NEVER GO FOR YOU. YOU DRUGGED HIM, SEDUCED HIM. YOU PROBABLY RAPED HIM !

"She did" jay said, I looked at him like he had 5 heads and 19 legs

"NO THE FUCK I DIDN'T" I spazzed at him

"YES YOU DID" He spat back

this nigga breath stink.

"BOTH OF YOU, SHUT THE HELL UP. TASHERA STOP CURING IN MY HOUSE Jay tell me what happened"

"you mean my house" I said in my head

"last night she called me to her room, im thinkin that she might need help with her homework or help cause something fell and she needed me to fix it. Her door was closed but I just walked in there and when I got in there she was wrapped in a towel like she just got out of  the shower. I asked her if she needed help and she said no and sat down on her bed so I was bout to walk out. But then she called my name again and when I turned back around she had a gun in her hand. I thought she was about to shoot and kill me. I was about to call you but I left my phone downstairs and she said if I didn't have sex with her she was gonna kill me"

it was the other way around...but I he came in my room when I had gotten out the shower with his gun and threatened me with it and he forced himself on to me. My mom was at work and ofc she let him stay in the house

"I believe it, pack yo shit and get out of my house" my mom said

"what?" I asked in disbelief, almost about to be in tears.

"mama, you aint even let me tell my side of the story-"

"don't 'mama' me....you are no longer my daughter. I don't care about yo side, pack yo shit and leave by 10. I don't want you here around my man. I saw the emancipation papers in your room and I signed it. You are no longer my child."

(A/N: I lowkey didn't do all the research I should have for the emancipation thing so yeah...)

thats 3 hours from now..

"got it" I ran upstairs crying just a little bit. I wish my father was here..but i know he's safe in heaven. 

I called my Uncle Nick (25) and asked is he could come and get me, I told him EVERYTHING. Except the part about the rape. He only stayed in Atlanta for me but soon I will be living with him in new york.

I turn 18 tomorrow. I graduated already. Technically I should be an adult right now. But I'm really smart I skipped a lot of grades, graduated high school and college and I have my bachelors in Journalism. I am ready to be an adult as of right now. I have my shit all packed. I should be kicking them out. But I still love my mother. I guess I can't call her that now. But I still love Davina.

I live in Oakland City, Atlanta. Im glad im leaving a little bit. Gangs, drugs, and theft. A terrible cycle. Im not in a gang but basically affiliated with one. My uncle and my dad are/were in one. When I was 14 I got caught in a shootout and my dad was trying to protect me and he didn make it to the hospital Davina was a mess she got hooked on drugs. I wanted to move in with my Uncle after and they even had a court case against it but ofc my mom got clean just for that day and my uncle lost.