March 2, 2021- Night One

Hi guys (well it's not like anyone's reading this yet),
So last night I tried shifting for the first time. It's not like I expected it to be successful or anything because I JUST started this process like two days ago. Still, I was too excited not to try. I'd been reading a lot of random shifting books on here, (if anyone can recommend any good resources that would be great!!), and I've been taking mental notes about it all.

So first I listened to/ watched this video:
https://youtu.be/9IRYLRWcvmw

And it was pretty good. It made me super relaxed and focused but I had a few problems with it. First of all, the breathing part was rushed The next issue is more person; I'm horrible at mental visualization. Like terrible at it. I feel like this process will help me get better at it though.

For the rushed breathing portion, I think I'm going to start implementing meditation into my daily routine to practice focusing my mind because I'm a pretty impatient person.

The app HeadSpace has created a new Netflix show and the first episode was great. They're only 20 mins long and all include meditation at the end. I might add this to my routine.

After watching that guided meditation video, I listened to some Harry Potter common room/ music ambience. I laid flat on my back with my palms near my sides and had them facing upwards. It was relaxing, sure, but the music kept me from falling asleep. Plus, YouTube doesn't allow you to close the app and have music playing so I kept getting drawn back into my room and getting distracted. I'm also someone who needs absolute silence to sleep, or continuous noise like a fan. Then, I turned off the music and tried counting, but it made me anxious.

After all that it was already midnight (which isn't horribly late but I go to bed early 👶)

I sort of gave up and just went to sleep normally. Still, it was a learning process. Next time I want to try using a subliminal, and use an actual method.