[9]

Question:

If I were to publish a Seungjin story after Mates is over, maybe like... a top Seungmin one :)

Would you like to read it?

I'm asking randomly cs I started writing that as soon as I finished this one on my drafts, I'm just trying to force myself to finish Mates before I publish it :)

"Chan, calm down it's not that big of a deal!"

"What do you mean it's not that big of a deal? They were full on making out right there, anyone that came to the beach could have seen them!"

Minho held a crying Jisung in his arms while all the others watched as the leader and Changbin argued.

They had decided to spend their 12th day at camp at the "bay thingy" again, next to the waterfall, and Minsung got a little bit carried away, ending up being caught by Chan in the act.

The older had snapped, making the younger member panic immediately.

"Chan, calm the fuck down and sit your ass, you are making Jisung anxious."

Jeongin was almost almost at the verge of tears and Felix held him agains his chest, as Hyunjin and Seungmin just seemed lost.

Chan ran his hands throught his hair.

"You know what this will look like, Changbin, we are done."

"Oh for the love of every god anyone has ever believed in, Chan no one saw, no one sees! Even you lost it for almost 10 days. We are the only ones who dare to walk 2 hours to come to a goddam picnic when there's a whole beach and river by the camp, and no one here is having a problem with it but you!"

Chan looked between the two guys and Changbin.

"You knew? What about our conversation?"

"I knew back then already!", he sighed and pinched his nose cane. "Look, Chan, I get what you're saying okay? But as long as no one sees, everything is fine." He said the last part a bit lower, knowing how it would sound if those who didn't know the context heard it. "Let the guys live, for gods sake, they ain't doing nothing wrong."

Chan took a deep breath and looked at Jisung, his face buried in Minho's chest as the older played with his hair and whispered something to him, the younger slowly crying less and less.

Chan immediately felt like the worst for making his little brother from another mother cry. He had done nothing wrong indeed.

But what really broke him was the way Jeongin looked at him, his eyes tearing up when Felix let him go, his smile was gone and Chan hated it. He loves the younger's energetic smile and it was missing, something inside of Chan had been broken from that point on.

Changbin sighed as the group parted ways, Minho saying he was going to take Jisung back to the camp and Hyunjin and Seungmin running after a very upset Jeongin to the forest.

Chan buried his face in his hands and sighed.

"Nice job."

"Shut up, I'm trying my best for the goddam team."

They didn't seem to notice Felix had stayed, or maybe they did, but didn't care.

"The team my ass, do you know what I think this is?", Changbin scoffed at the older. "An excuse."

The older looked up, a confused and mad expression.

"What the hell do you mean, Seo?"

The latter let out a dry laugh.

"You just don't want to admit you're interested in Jeongin so you say it isn't a good idea for any of us to be with guys! You had no reason to get mad over this there is literally no one else but us in here, yet you did.", Chan was lost at words, opened mouth, staring at the shorter. "You just got pressed because they had the courage and you didn't."

After spitting the last words, Changbin ran to the water and dived, immediately disapearing under water. His only instinct was to reach the little beach. He took a deep breath and passed the waterfall, letting the little paradise welcome him. He walked over to the cave and sat on the ground, knees to his forehead, and started crying.

Why?

Maybe because he was overwhelmed.

Maybe because he hates screaming and sighting.

Maybe because he loved Chan and Jisung and seeing them both like this had hurt.

Or maybe because he managed to hurt himself while talking to Chan.

He heard Felix call for him, thinking he'd be safe since the guy hates to step in the sand, but he still managed to get to him, engulfing the older on a tight hug that was immediately corresponded.

Felix let him cry as much as he wanted to, paying his head and hearing his sobs slowly slow down, the waterfall finally the only sound again. Felix pulled away and whipped his last few tears away.

"Why the hell are you crying, Bin?"

The older shrugged, imagining how ugly he was at the moment, eyes all reddened up and face swolen.

"I have fighting, specially when it's one of those two."

Felix smiled at him and cupped his face, turning him to face him.

"You were amazing out there, though.", Changbin let himself fall into Felix's embrace, staring at his beautiful eyes as he felt all of his auto control slip away, too tired to fight himself back. "Jisung his lucky to have you as his friend."

Felix noticed how Changbin's gaze fell down, their faces way too close for the friendzone, so he tried to back away, he had made a promise to the older. To his surprise, though, Changbin whined and pulled him by his neck, their faces inches appart.

"Why are you leaving?"

"C-Changbin I'm not-"

He shut up because the guy he had a crush on had buried himself on his chest, swiping both of his arms around his waist. Felix hugged back for a few seconds until the older pulled away, just enough to see Felix's face. He bit his lip, letting his gaze wander through those marvelous freckles that held the whole universe and something more, then onto his plumpy lips, which made Felix's eyes widen.

"Felix....", Changbin moved his hand to caress the taller's cheek and cupped it softly. The older slightly moved his head, as if saying he was listening, his heart racing as the latter looked him in the eyes, dead serious. There was no glimpse of anything but honestly when he spoke the next second.

"Can you kiss me?"

Did I just leave you on a cliffhanger?

Yes, I did :)