𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

trigger warning: talk of verbal/
physical abuse and alcohol.

pain. if i could explain my feelings in one word that is the word, pain. it all started when dad left at the beginning of 6th grade for a new woman, for a new life. next, it was my sister deciding to drunk drive after a high school party, car accident is what killed her. then, i thought i met my soulmate at the beginning of my freshman year. his name is ryan bender. the relationship was always toxic but it began to get worse as we got older. it started off with verbal abuse, him constantly calling me "slut" or "waste of space" but every time i tried to leave the relationship he would threaten to leak my nudes or tell my mom about the things i have done. next, it went to physical abuse, he would get too rough during sex and if i told him to stop he would stop and then hit me. that wasn't the worst part of it. after i finally got the courage to end the relationship about a year and a half in, that's when i caught him stalking me. i finally had the power to tell my mother about the abuse and she decided to leave Mapleview county in Ohio.
     mom talked the whole car ride to Massachusetts about how she is excited to have a new start for not just me or my eight year old brother chase who is currently passed out in the back seat but for herself. my mom is one of the strongest people i know, she has been through hell and back in her life and i couldn't have anymore respect for her. my mom and i always had a close relationship, i think it's because she had me at 18 so she knows what i'm currently going through with everything.
"hello, are you listening to me."
"sorry mom, what? i spaced out."
" i said, are you excited to see any cute boys here?"
" i don't think i'm really looking for anything serious with a boy right now, not after ryan."
" i was just kidding sage, but don't rush anything. ryan is going to get what's coming for him. you know what we say."
"karmas a bitch." we say at the same time and bust out into laughter.
     Wellsbury county i read as we passed the white sign. i look out the window seeing what looked like moms dressed in pencil skirts and heels in groups, cute little cafes and groups of friends walking out of stores. after looking at the group of moms i look over to my mom who is wearing vans, black ripped skinny jeans and a hoodie. the difference in clothing style makes me giggle.
     "what's so funny over there?" she questions looking at me out of the corner of her eye.
     "oh nothing just saw some moms wearing pencil skirts."
     "see some moms just don't have good style." she states causing both of us to laugh
     we turn onto a street with 3 story high houses, nice subarus and bright colored flowers. we then turn into a mat black driveway, looking up i see a three story brick house with a nice black porch.
     "home sweet home." mom states turning around to wake up chase.
     "is the moving van here yet?" i state looking at my mom worried that maybe somehow they got lost and all of our furniture is completely gone.
     "speaking of them their they are." mom says pointing acrossed me, resulting in me looking over to see the 2 moving vans parking along the house.
     " i wanna help! i wanna help!" chase yells opening the car door, slamming it eagerly.
     i get out of the car to hear an older lady slam her car door and then a boy my age get out of the front seat slamming his door along with her.
     "again marcus! i told you once, and now i have to tell you again! i don't want you smoking weed with that friend of yours!" the woman states who i'm guessing is his mother
     i have to admit, this man is very attractive. the boy and mom then look over to our house to see the moving van door slide close.
     "ah! new neighbors! i have to go make cookies!"       the woman shouts a little too loud. she then looks at my mom and i smiling walking into the house. the teenage boy then walks a crossed the street my way. my first reaction is "great my outfit" i'm currently wearing a long oversized black hoodie with the logo "drew" on it, so long it looks like i'm not wearing any pants and nike socks with no shoes. i have no makeup on and my hair is all over the place, glasses on. if there's one thing i take seriously it's my outfits, and this is not what i want to be wearing while a cute boy is walking my way.
     "hey there neighbor" he says looking me up and down. as he gets closer i see he is wearing a light grey shirt that says "VANS", blue jeans and black vans.
     "hey, i'm sage." i say as 3 men walk past me carrying boxes into my new home.
     "marcus." he states sharply, again looking me up and down.
     damn, this boy.
     "need any help?" he asks looking back at the front door, causing me to look. seeing a struggling chase holding a light brown box trying to open the door. resulting in both of us to laugh
     "i don't know seemed like your mom wasn't to happy with you. you might be grounded." i say giggling.
     "so you're listening to conversations now?" he questions with a smirk
     "oh no," i say while laughing "the conversation was quite loud."
     "that's my mom for ya." he says laughing along. "no but i doubt she will mind, she loves new neighbors."
     "alright then." i say laughing as we walk to the last unpacked moving van and begin grabbing boxes.
     walking up the flight of steps with the last couples boxes, gave me a feeling of relief. marcus places the now empty box on the floor.
     "so, what made your mom want to move to little old wellsbury?" he asks taking a seat on my sage green comforter.
     shit, what am i supposed to say? oh just my abusive manipulating ex boyfriend started stalking me.. nothing new.
     "oh, you know just.."
     "SAGE! your easel is down in the dining room!" my mom shouts from the bottom of the steps. thank you mom!
     "okay, coming!" i lightly shout, trying to be not as loud as her since chase is sleeping in the room next to mine.
     "easel? you paint?" marcus questions me getting up from my bed.
     "yes sir, ever since i was little. wanna help me bring it up?"
     "it would be my honor, madam." he says while bowing causing a giggle out of me.
     after bringing up the easel mom brought up that it was already 10 o'clock and that marcus's mom wanted him home soon since the first day of school is tomorrow.
     "well, i'll see you tomorrow neighbor." marcus states as he's about to walk out the door
     "i'll see you tomorrow marcus." i say with a little laugh holding the other side of the door. with one last look he looks me up and down and says
     "nice outfit by the way." with a smirk and give me a soft salute before he walks across the street and into his house.

side note:
that's the end of the first chapter guys,
i hope it wasn't too bad haha. again,
if you have any recommendations
please let me know! i wanted to give
as much imagery as possible to make
the story seem more real. 🤎