𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

thoughts flood my mind as the warm water hits my skin. does marcus like me? what did that kiss mean last night? was it just because we both were upset? i didn't have a nightmare about ryan last night.
i take the soft light towel off the rack and walk into my room to start my makeup. as i leave the bathroom i see marcus in his room just sitting there. hands on his head. he turns his head softly to the window.
"shit" i mumble, reaching on the floor hoping he didn't see me looking at him. the last thing i want that kid to think is that i'm some creep who looks at people while in a towel.
"are you stalking me neighbor?" i hear from a distance. fuck
"what?" i say laughing trying to play it off like i don't know what he's talking about. i grip onto my towel tight.
"oh nothing." he says with what seemed like smirk, ending with him closing the window
after putting myself together i walk downstairs, you can hear the light tap of my shoes on each step.
"sage, take some fruit before you head off. i'm in a rush." she says grabbing her purse and chase's hand kissing me on the forehead.
"where are you rushing too?" i question her.
"i have a job interview right after i drop chase off at school, your keys are on the table. bye i love you." she shouts heading out the door, closing it.
i'm sitting at the table eating a small portion of the fruit as i hear the door open, thinking it was my mom forgetting something like normal. but it wasn't her, it was marcus.
"walking in people's houses are we now?" i say looking up at him popping a strawberry into my mouth.
"looking at people through their windows are we now." he says with yet again, another smirk reaching into my bowl grabbing a slice of pineapple.
"totally was not." i say laughing placing my phone down, now looking at him.
"whatever you got to tell yourself." he says with a smile.
"you ready to go?" i ask him picking up my book bag along with my keys.
"no." he says walking towards me
"why not? we can't be late." i say now worried because i don't want to be late on only the second day.
and with that thought running through my mind i don't even realize we are so close that i can feel his breathe against my skin. he leads down to my ear and whispers,
"you look really pretty today sage." looking me in the eyes causing me to blush.
i get closer, so close he can feel my breathe up against his lips and whisper back,
"you don't look to bad yourself marcus." and with that my lips are on his. the kiss is more passionate then the last. him holding the back of my neck with his hand like he doesn't want me to pull away. but i do. if there's one thing to know about me is that i'm a tease.
"i would love to do this all day, but we have school." i say still as close to his mouth as the last time.
"alright let's go." he says giving me one last peck on the lips causing me to smile.
     walking into school with marcus i can feel ginny and her friend groups eyes on me. and i'm not the biggest fan of it. marcus notices my discomfort, and grabs my hand. putting my mind at ease and causing me to only think about him.
     he walks me over to where he sits in the hallways, "the red area" the students call it.
     "want to hangout after school?" he says looks me in the eyes causing me to look up at him because of the height difference.
     "what do you want to do?" i ask him
     "doesn't matter, we can go out or just hangout at my place." he says putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. slowly dragging his hand down my arm. the chills i get.
     "how about you decide and then let me know at the end of the day." i tell him giving him a quick peck on his lips since i can feel ginny's friend groups eyes burning in my back. after giving him the quick kiss i turn around slowly and start walking to class.
     "it's a date neighbor!" i hear him shout from behind me.
     i turn around giving him the soft salute he does to me and he returns it.
"sage very good summarization of chapter 1." mr. gitten says to me handing me the paper that has 100% in red at the top of it.
"you ready to go?" i look up from my phone to see marcus towering over me.
"no." i say looking up at him making him grow a concerned face.
i look over to see ginny and her friend group once again, starring at marcus and i. making direct eye contact with ginny
i get up on my tip toes, grabbing marcus's face and giving him a kiss on the lips causing both of us to smile in between the kiss
"alright now i'm ready." i say grabbing his hand walking to my car.
walking into my house, i feel someone's eyes on me. not like when ginny and her friend group look at marcus and i in the hallways. the stare is harder than that. ryan.
instead of closing my house door with me in it. i walk back out, slam it shut and walk over to marcus's. i'm not supposed to go over there until 6:30 and it's only 4 but i don't feel safe going into my house alone when i feel like this. moms car isn't in the driveway and i don't want to feel paranoid by myself.
"oh sage, what a lovely surprise!" ellen says softly grabbing my arm pulling me inside.
"marcus is upstairs sweaty, go right up." she says giving me a shooing motion to the steps.
"thank you ellen." i say smiling back at her walking up the steps.
his door is closed, i knock once. no answer. i knock twice. no answer. i knock for a third time. that's when he finally opens it. shirtless.
more handsome up close i say to myself looking him up and down.
"you got something right there." he says pointing to my lip
"oh shut it." i say giggling leading myself into the room. until i see his eyes not on me, but in the hallway.
ginny walks past his room. with hunter. without saying a word she walks into maxines room shutting the door.
i look up at marcus. he doesn't look sad. or heartbroken. he looks numb. no emotion on his face. i walk more into his room, closing the door.
"you okay?" i ask him looking into his eyes.
"i can talk to you about anything right? he says walking over to sit on his bed in just his grey sweatpants
"you know this marcus." i say walking over to his bed taking a seat in front of him so we can look into each others eyes.
his eyes begin getting watery, his face turns a light shade of pink.
i take his hand and just hold it. no words said. just comfort.
"2 years ago today my best friend died." he says blankly. no emotion. a single tear goes down his face.
as words are about to come out of my mouth the door opens. ginny and maxine.
i guess they noticed marcus and i having a serious conversation because they don't say anything. they walk out. i look back at marcus who's starring at me. like his eyes haven't left my face.
"you want to talk about it." i say sitting up from my spot and moving over to him laying my head on his shoulder.
he puts his hand on top of mine.
"definitely not." he says with a little laugh. i don't laugh. i look up at him and just kiss his cheek. but that's not enough for him. he takes his right hand putting it on my chin, moving my face so now we are looking at each other.
it gets intense. my top is off, i'm straddling him in just a bra, hair all over my face. grinding against him. we can't get enough of each other, our lips can't leave each other. like a drug. we crave more of one another.
with one hand on my hips and the other on my back he unclips my bra with such ease. and that's when i feel it. i feel the stare again. i feel the feeling of being watched.
*click*

side note:
there's chapter 4! i'm so sorry it's not as
good as the others, but i wanted to publish
something so i'm not leaving you guys hanging.
i'll upload a better chapter tomorrow!
writers block is the worst. so if you have
any ideas or thoughts on ways to spice
up the story. also thank you guys for
700 reads! that's insane!
🤎