𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

quick side note: i wanted to start putting
sage's outfits at the top since in last chapter
she talked about how she loves her fits, haha.
trigger warning: physical abuse, body
dysmorphia.

rain pouring on the roof like it's screaming for help. ryan is in the shower connected to his bedroom, while i'm curled into a ball sobbing with bruises all along my neck. using only the sheet on the king sized bed to cover my shaking body. i need to get out of here. i need to be quite. i softly get off the bed grabbing my clothes, sliding the jeans onto my shaking legs. shaking not from pleasure but from fear. i grab my red top and throw it on. i need to get out of here. i can't let him hear me. i pick up my shoes, not putting them on because it will cause to much noise. i slowly open the door, leaving it open. i tiptoe down the staircase. i'm at the front door. i use my shaken hands to grab the doorknob and slowly open it.
     *squeak*
     shit. i run, i run so fast i don't even may attention that i'm out of breath or i don't have any shoes on. my hair is now drenched from the rain like i just came out of the shower. i keep running.
     "CHASE! SAGE! WAKE UP, CANT BE LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY!" mom screams from the middle of the hallway.
     i sit up, drenched from sweat. not from the rain this time. i've been having nightmares about ryan ever since the relationship ended. i feel his body on mine when i'm alone. i always feel like he's watching me.
     "IM UP MOM!" i shout back so she doesn't come into my room to see me drenched in sweat. if she saw she would know the nightmares are still occurring, i told her they ended about 2 months ago. i'm embarrassed, i don't want her thinking i'm not strong. i know she will comfort me, but i want to come off as strong. even though in my head i'm screaming for help.
     my feet hang off the bed touching the cold wood floor. i go over to my dresser and grab the clothes i'm planning on wearing for the first day. as i'm walking to my bathroom connected to the bedroom i see a figure outside. i jump. only to realize it's marcus in his bedroom changing. his back muscles are shining cause of the morning sun.
     "oh my.." i say softly out loud
     the warm water hits my face as i'm washing my medium length blonde hair.
after putting myself together, i look in the mirror. judging my body. judging my face. my face is too fat, i've been gaining weight. i look at my thighs in my jeans. i don't have thigh gaps.
walking down the staircase i see mom in the kitchen along with chase who is chowing down on pancakes.
"hun theres pancakes and bacon with fruit if you want any." she says turning around to me and then flipping a pancake with ease.
"i'm not really hungry mom." i state looking down at my stomach.
"you barely ate anything yesterday sage." she says full attention on me.
i've always had a problem with my body, ever since ryan. he used to tell me at least once a week i was gaining weight. or he would say "your boobs are almost as big as your stomach, calm down on the snacks."
"you know i'm not a big breakfast person mom."
"but the pancakes are heaven." chase states shoving another bite into his mouth
"why thank you." mom says kissing him on his temple.
i need to change the subject.
"mom can i use the car today for school since we didn't get mine yet?" i ask looking directly at her, i don't want to ride the bus.
"only if you take chase to school, after school we can go to the car dealership and get yours."
"thanks mom." i say walking over to her kissing her on the cheek then grabbing both chase and mine's book bag.
"let's go kiddo." i say to him ruffling up his hair.
" have a great first day! i love you both" mom says as she watches us from the front door.
pulling out of the driveway i see marcus and some girl walking out the door. he gives me a hand indicating to stop driving. i roll down my window as him and the girl walk towards the car.
"what are you doing marcus?" i hear the girl ask looking up at him. he ignores her and leans up against the passenger side window.
"hey neighbor." he says looking at me directly in the eyes. something i picked up on our conversation yesterday. he is a big person on eye contact.
"hey neighbor." i say turning down the music
"want to give sis and i a ride?" he asks causing his sister to look directly at me.
"i thought mom was taking us?" she asks looking at their mom walking out of the house with her light brown purse.
"would you rather drive to school with sage here or with mom?" he asks looking at her causing both of them to look at their mother who's eagerly waving. causing me to giggle.
"bye mom! sage is taking us to school!" his sister shouts climbing in the back seat sitting next to chase.
"oh! okay! hi sage!" she shouts waving at me
"hi mrs. baker!" i shout waving back.
"please call me ellen." she says with a smile
i simply smile back, marcus gets into the front seat setting his black book bag on the ground in between his feet.
"let me see your phone." he says grabbing my phone that was lying in between my thighs. his hand slowly glides across my right thigh cause shivers in my body.
"and why's that?" i say giggling taking one hand off of the wheel reaching for it.
"aye, both hands on the wheel." he says causing me to laugh putting my right hand back on the wheel.
"password?" he asks looking at me
"0818" i state looking at him
from the corner of my eye i see him going to apple music and typing in an artist.
i guess his sister recognized us having a good time because she then speaks up.
"hey marcus how's ginny?" she questions leaning up to the front seat.
"ouu whos ginny?" i say giggling turning into chases school.
"his girlfriend." she says clearly looking at me to catch my reaction which catches my attention.
"ouu girlfriend." i say with a little smile looking at him.
"oh ya ginny, she's fine. we are fine." he says turning up the music
"you listen to the neighbourhood?" i ask as compass is playing by them.
"one of the greatest groups of all time." he says looking at me smiling.
i smile back looking at chase who is eager to get out of the car. he's always been the little boy at school with so many friends. so i'm guessing he's excited to make new ones.
"you ready kiddo!" i ask him, then notice he's already outside of the car jumping up and down.
"i guess he is." marcus says with a laugh
after dropping chase off at school, i learned that marcus's sisters name is maxine and she's best friends with ginny.
we pull into the high school to be greeted by kids hugging their friends who i'm guessing they haven't seen all summer, and teachers catching up.
getting out of the car making sure to lock it after marcus and maxine get out i see a bunch of random girls running to maxine giving her hugs and repeating how much they have missed her.
then i see a small mixed girl who is wearing light ripped jeans, vans and a sweater walking over to marcus, giving him a hug and a kiss.
i'm guessing that's ginny i say to myself standing there awkwardly not knowing any of these people except marcus. i grab my book bag and purse off the ground and begin walking to the front of the school.
"where you going neighbor?" i hear marcus ask causing me to turn around
"to get my schedule, i don't where the hell i'm going or my classes." i say laughing causing him to laugh. resulting in ginny giving both marcus and i a dirty look.
"have fun neighbor." he says with a smile giving me a soft salute, something i learned he does quiet a lot.
i give him the soft salute back turning around to walk into the school.

side note: that's the end of
chapter 2, i hope you guys enjoyed!
i'll most likely writing and posting
chapter 3 very soon because im excited!
🤎