The Saiyan Daiko

This is a new story I have been wanting to write for a while. It always got on my nerves how seriously overpowered Superman is in all DC variations, so I created an MC character that can match the Man of Steel. This all is going to take place in the Young Justice universe. Anything italicized is a thought, and anything in quotations is said aloud.

 Let's welcome our Saiyan MC to Young Justice. Hope you all like this fanfic.

OC's POV

The first thing I saw when I woke up was an endless expanse of stars. I was in some kind of pod, flying through space at incredible speeds. Slowly, memories started making themselves known to me; my past life, dying, talking to some kind of deity, then waking up in this new body with all of its memories. Looking down at myself, I appear to be a human male, like in my past life, except with a strange dark red monkey tail attached to my back. A Saiyan, my mind supplies to me. I appear to be about 5 years old with spiky black hair and a red streak running through my front bangs. 

I remember the conversation I had with the deity before waking up in this pod. The deity said he would send me to the Young Justice universe I watched on TV in my past life. That I would awaken as a Saiyan, a member of one of the most powerful warrior races in the universe. As I review the memories of this young body, I realize that the Planet Vegeta of this universe was just destroyed, and I was able to get off the planet in this pod before its collapse. I don't know how long its been since then though, I don't even know if anyone else survived. 

I start to tear up; I know this body wasn't originally mine, but I still feel connected to all the memories that were made on Planet Vegeta. I suddenly feel very alone, on my own in a pod, not knowing if any other Saiyan's survived the destruction of our planet. I bring my knees to my chest and curl my new tail around my feet, trying to think of something else to distract me so I don't start crying. 

Immediately, I start remembering the training this body endured before the destruction of Planet Vegeta. It was all various strength, endurance, agility, durability, and combat training, along with the basics of how to work some of our tech. These pods, for example, were one of the pieces of technology I learned how to function. I then remember the scouter technology from the show Dragon Ball Z, and reach into a compartment and pull out my own black and red scouter. I was curious about my own power level, but as I was about to activate it, I recall a memory about my power level being so high I broke previous scanners. I quickly put the scanner back and look out the window of my pod. 

As I'm watching the stars go by I think about what I will do when my pod lands. I remember the deity saying I will end up on earth, so I can assume that is where I will land, but I have no idea what to do when I get there. Should I go into hiding? I really don't want to get involved in the trouble between heroes and villains of this universes earth, but....

....I don't want to watch people struggle and get hurt when I have the power to help them. I start to tear up again, I'm getting a headache with all this thinking. I forgot how young this body is, I probably need to sleep. As I think this my eyelids begin to droop, and not a moment later I fall into a deep slumber.

Time Skip

I wake up to the sound of beeping. It takes me a moment to realize that my pod is picking up a nearby planet. I take a look out the window and stare in awe; I am looking at the planet earth, which is getting bigger as my pod nears it. This is it, I'm about to land on earth. I remember from watching Dragon Ball Z in my past life that the gravity on earth is way less than on Planet Vegeta, and Saiyan's are already thousands of times stronger than humans and literally built for fighting, so I should be extremely powerful compared to even superheroes when I get to earth. I know I don't want to get involved with the heroes and villains of this planet, but I can feel my Saiyan blood boiling, itching for a fight.