Beating Superman, technically.

Yo! I know I was gone a pretty long time, so I hope this chapter makes up for it. Love y'all! Enjoy!

Heroes POV

"You want the energy source? You're looking at it."

Shock adorns their faces as the strange boy speaks these words to Sportsmaster and his Superman clone. 

However, they are broken out of their shock when the boy speaks again. 

"My name is Daiko. I am a Saiyan, a member of the fiercest warrior race in the universe. And I will not be defeated by the likes of you."

The hero's attention is diverted to the Green Lantern in their group, whose eyes have gone wide as a gasp leaves his lips. 'Saiyan,' the Green Lantern mouths in awe and astonishment. 

The tension between the young boy and the villain is palpable, but Batman directs his gaze upon an unprepared Green Lantern. 

"What do you know?" 

The Batman is not asking, and Green Lantern gulps, thoughts buzzing as he hurries to answer the Dark Knight. 

"The Saiyan's were a warrior race that was known throughout the universe. They could adapt and grow stronger in the midst of battle, overtaking many enemies. Saiyan's were born to fight; their strength, strong ki energy, and hunger for battle pushing them to become the most powerful warrior race."

Here, Green Lantern pauses, looking back towards the young Saiyan, Daiko, with some sorrow. 

"They weren't known as a friendly race, but they didn't deserve what happened to them."

Throughout the explanation from Hal, Batman's eyes have narrowed contemplatively. All the heroes have been listening in to the conversation and are now looking at Hal with grim curiosity. 

After a moment of silence, Batman speaks again. 

"What happened?"

Once again, it was not a question, and Hal continues looking at Daiko with sadness, before turning a serious look on the Dark Knight. 

"They were wiped out."

Feeling the taut atmosphere among the group upon this revelation, Green Lantern nods toward the direction of Daiko. 

"That boy is likely the last of his kind. He somehow survived the massacre of his people and ended up on earth. He seems to have been taken in by this family, and from the looks of it, he's trained."

"Trained as he may well be, he's facing a replica of Superman. Do you really think he can win?" Wonder Woman interjects worriedly, but skeptically. She understands what it is like to lose one's race, one's family. Even though the Themyscirans are not dead, she can rarely return to see them. Not when man's world is plagued with evil. She feels a certain kinship with this boy; it would not do to leave him to face the danger of this world alone. 

What Green Lantern says next stuns the group. 

"Yes. If he is as strong as I think he is, he can win. Remember what I told you; Saiyan's were the strongest warrior race in the universe. Daiko will win."

Hal's tone turns somber.

"He is, after all, the last Saiyan."

The heroes startle when Sportsmaster suddenly laughs. 

"Kid, you don't have much going on in that head of yours, do you? Well, makes my job easier."

Sportsmaster turns to his Superman clone. 

"Capture him," he orders the clone. Then he smirks, "we need him alive, but I don't think anyone will mind if you rough him up a bit."

The clone nods, yanking his fist back from the Saiyan boy and getting in a ready stance.