Aftermath

Yo, here's the new chapter. Hope y'all like it.

Daiko's POV

Upon checking that my Kamehameha finished off the evil clone of Superman, I slowly lower myself to the ground. Touching down soundlessly, I turn to the wide eyed and slack jawed group of heroes. 

(Well, not Batman obviously, the man makes, like, ONLY the smallest of twitches no matter what when he wears that mask. I'm sure he's shocked too though.)

In an attempt to shake off the tension of the battle and the surprise of the heroes, I smile brightly and wave at them. 

That seems to snap them out of their shock as the red head, Wally, I think? Yeah, Wally starts screaming at nothing in particular trying to figure out what just happened.

"You just took down a clone of Superman?! Wha-how-who-WHAT ARE YOU?! Where did you even come from?! And-WHAT IS THAT!!!"

Hm? What is wha-oh, I see now, my tail must have slipped out while I was fighting. 

You may be confused why I am not bothered about my "weakness." Well, the answer is simple: during my training, I made it so my tail is no longer a weakness. 

Did the training hurt? Yes. Did I suffer? Yes. A lot. Did I wish for death? Mehhh, a little excessive, but the point is, the pain was bad. 

It got the desired effect though. After a good few years of pain resistance and strength training for my tail, the appendage lost the weakness that made it a liability before. 

Therefore, I no longer care if it slips out on accident. Though, that doesn't mean I don't try to avoid that situation if at all possible. Not everyone is super accepting about finding out you have a monkey tail attached to your butt, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, now the heroes of the Justice League and their protégés are staring at my tail blankly. I get it. It takes time to process. 

Batman, on the other hand, is scanning me up and down, assessing me. If I didn't know who he was already, I might have assumed he was a pedophile. He should really be careful about that in the future, people may get the wrong idea if he's caught staring. 

Pretty sure I've lost brownie points with Superboy though. He's staring at my tail like it personally offended him. I vaguely remember him disliking monkeys in the Young Justice series, but I'm not a monkey, I just have the tail of one. 

...

Maybe he just doesn't know the difference?

Regardless, I can't see it ending well when he finds out I turn into a giant ape every full moon.

Yeah...that's a can of worms I don't feel like opening right now.

I put that train of thought behind me, and begin studying the barrier that's trapping the heroes. 

It must have traces of Kryptonite in it, because Superman's energy level is significantly lower than it should be. Not to mention he should have been able to break the barrier with his punch. It also seems to be cutting off technology, and Flash hasn't been able to vibrate his molecules through it. 

Maybe if I try hitting it from the outside?

Might as well. 

"Alright," I tell the heroes. "I'm going to try hitting it from the outside. Get in the middle of the barrier, and cover your heads please. Not sure how this is gonna go."

Without giving them time to reply, I flash toward the barrier and reel my fist back, slamming it into the barrier with a good amount of force and some ki behind it. The barrier shatters with a sonic boom, the resulting wind causing the heroes to fly back. I dig my heels into the earth, and only move back a couple inches, but remain upright.