The Good Side - Troye Sivan

Why did I have to choose? I wanted to be with him but I also wanted to follow my dreams. It wasn't fair to him, it never was. One day when he hears my music on the radio I hope he understands. What I sacrificed was hard but I couldn't just let it pass me by.

I've been on tour for almost three months now. I get to share my music with the world, a gift that I thought would only be real in my dreams. 

I still remember the day I told him we needed to end it since I would be leaving. He smiled and congratulated me on getting so far, but you could see the truth in his eyes. Even now I still think about it.

"Wow, look at that," My manager pulls me from my thoughts and I look out the plane window. A smile spreads across my face as I look at all the lights.

The plane is flying over Las Vegas and since it is night time all you can see are the bright lights. I quickly pull out my phone and take a couple photos. My finger automatically clicks on his contact name to send him the photo but I stop myself. 

This isn't fair.

I want to share all these beautiful experiences with him, but I ended it. Somehow I have to keep reminding myself that it's real. I did end it, it's over, I have to move on. I'm sure we'll meet later on to catch up, but that's all. The wound is tender, I do not want to make it any worse. 
__________

Another day, another show. I'm backstage getting ready when my manager comes in.

"It's time," He tells me with a small smile and I get out of my chair.

Soon my mic is hooked up, I have my earpiece secured, and all the instruments are in place. The concert goes by smoothly like it should, and then his song starts. 

The song I wrote about him, about what happened. When the intro starts playing I think about my thoughts on the plane and about how true and raw the songs words are.

"I got the good side of things," I start singing and the crowd automatically joins in. 

I've sang the song so many times that I don't have to think too much about it. The song comes from my heart, not my mind, and I start to feel tears tug at my eyelids. When I close my eyes I feel a tear fall down my cheek, but I don't care. All I'm thinking about is him.

I truly did get the good side of things, but at what cost? We still both follow each other on social media to see what the other is doing, so I hope he hears this song especially. I hope when he hears this he knows I still care and I do think about him. My music comes first though, and I know he realizes that.

When the song is over the audience goes crazy with applause and screams. I smile so much that I don't even realize my tears have dried. The moment is so beautiful. Seeing my fans sing along with me and love my music makes it all worth it.

When I get off stage at the end of the night I'm sweating like crazy. One of the staff members hands me a water bottle and I automatically take a drink.

Finally getting to my hotel room feels amazing. I take a shower and lay down, my wet hair soaking through the sheets a bit.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear my phone go off.

It's a text from him saying

"I saw a video on Twitter of you performing tonight. You were amazing,".

I fall asleep with a smile on my face.