The Most Beautiful Thing by Bruno Major

I sit in my favorite cafe down on Baker Street. The sun shines a glare on my laptop, but I keep working anyway. The video I'm editing is almost complete when a waiter comes up to me.

"Are you waiting for anyone, or can I take your order?" The guy looks to be a college student like me. He looks at my coat, which is on the chair across from me, and I smile.

"Yep, they're right down the street," I tell him jokingly, and he shakes his head and laughs.

"Sure they are," His eyes gleam, and I find myself laughing too.

"I'll just take a small slice of strawberry and vanilla cake, and a black coffee," I order, then go back to working right away. I clean up the finishing touches, and I'm finally done. I lean back in my chair, and save my work with a sigh.

Looking up and seeing that chair empty makes me feel empty.

"Here you go," The waiter comes back a couple minutes later, and hands me my order. I thank him while eating my cake, then I take my phone out for the first time today.

Instagram loves my videos, so I have quite the following, but I don't let it get to my head. When I go on Instagram I see you can ask your followers to ask you questions now. So... Why not?

I take a picture of my dessert, and ask my followers to ask me questions.

My videos are animations that I love making. I use books and songs as inspiration for a lot of my animated short films. They are fun to make and people like them, so it's a win-win situation.

I start to get questions sent to me right away, but one makes me stop scrolling.

What does love mean to you?

The chair with my coat hanging over it looks lonely all of a sudden, and I imagine a day where it's filled.

I'll be doing my work, and I'll look up to see you're right by my side. You'll be my favorite person, a real romantic.

When my eyes meet yours for the first time, it'll be like out of a movie. We might be walking down the street, and we just happen to catch eyes. Both our worlds will slow, and our idea of time will be identical. We'll come to a stop in front of one another, and you'll look like an angel. It'll feel like I'm in another dimension as we simply look into each other's eyes.

Or maybe I've already met you, and I don't even know that you're the love of my life yet. It'll be straight out of a novel. We'll be around each other like any other day, and we'll have a spontaneous kiss. It'll be at my flat or your apartment when we finally kiss. In that moment I'll realize you're the one.

Love is a person.

Love is the soul reason that makes someone's heart beat. Loving without limits is when you know it really is love. When all their flaws and dark corners are accepted.

Whoever I end up giving my heart to, I will love them without limits.

That's why I already know that they are the most beautiful thing that I have never seen.