81-90

Chapter 81: Caring for the Womb

That afternoon, Lin Si Yao grilled a crucian carp with scallion. However, before he could present it on the table, he saw Su Shuilian who had just put away the sewing needle to come into the kitchen covering her mouth, as if wanting to vomit.

“Shuilian…” Seeing this scene, Lin Si Yao stepped forward to help her. “Are you alright?”

“I don’t know. I just find the smell the fishy smell very disgusting…” Su Shuilian vomited out a few mouth of saliva. It was only after drinking a cup of warm water from Lin Si Yao, did she feel better.

“Disgusting?” Lin Si Yao frowned as he went hand felt the pulse in her wrist.

After a long time, he gently let go of Su Shuilian’s wrist and smiled joyfully at her. “Shuilian, we have a child.”

“Ah?” Hearing this, Su Shuilian was stunned, before happily embracing his strong waist. “You say I’m pregnant? Really?” Then that goddess Guan Yin in Qing Yu Temple really do a miracle? She was so taken off guard by the sudden surge of happiness that she could only think of this explanation in her busy mind.

“Yup.” Lin Si Yao laughed as he pinched Su Shuilian’s nose. “Now that you’re a mother, are you happy?”

“But of course.” Su Shuilian couldn’t help but to glare at him. He is a man, he wouldn’t understand the pressure in being born as a woman. But this is good as she had really wanted to be pregnant. Not even a year later, she will give birth to a child that is both their biological child. How could she not be happy?”

“Okay. Then, O’ great mother, please be careful. Let this husband carry you to your room for you to rest. As for lunch, let this husband prepare you fragrant chicken egg millet porridge?” When Lin Si Yao saw Su Shuilian’s happiness, he couldn’t suppress the throbbing of his heart and carried her into the bedroom for her to rest. Even the teasing tone that he would only use at night leaked out in his voice. He, Lin Si Yao, was also a father now. In this world, he now has his second closest family; his own child.

“Be good, drink more water.”

“Take a break, but don’t just sit….”

“Are you hungry, eat some snacks.”

“You’re pregnant yet you’re still so careless!”

Since that day when they received the good news, what could be often heard was the constant hen-like nagging of Lin Si Yao.

Su Shuilian didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry as she adhered to Lin Si Yao’s instructions to drink water (Since tea was also banned by him as he was unsure if it would have negative effects on the unborn child), eat snacks (3 meals a day along with a snack in the later afternoon as he was scared that Su Shuilian was not strong enough to give birth to child) and rest ( Lin Si Yao confiscated her work on “ picture of goddess of mercy blesses with a child” to stop her from working on it. Luckily she had 3 months to finish it.)

As such, Su Shuilian’s days of caring for the womb went by peacefully under Lin Si Yao’s careful supervision.

As now an experienced mother, Xiao Xue would lead her puppies to various locations to play.  Xiao Xue also taken up the role of watching over Su Shuilian during this period of caring for the womb. If ever she see Su Shuilian become tired from embroidery, the Xiao Xue would lead her wolf cubs into the room and force her to stop.

In order to prevent the three playful cubs who only cared about having fun from destroying anything in her embroidery room, Su Shuilian had no choice but to keep track of the time. Once she hits the allocated time that Lin Si Yao had set for her, she would get up and move around, getting food, water, and sometimes even taking a tour of the kitchen to confirm what she wanted to eat for dinner.