101-110

Chapter 101: Very Melodramatic 

This slumber of Su Shuilian had lasted two days and one night. Although Long Xi Yue and Ouyang Xun took turns to check her pulse regularly and emphasized that she was alright and she needed to sleep deeply as she was too exhausted, Lin Si Yao was still frightened. He was scared that she would sleep and never wake up. Except for three meals a day when Si Chong and Si Tuo had dragged him to the dining room, he had spent almost all of his time by Su Shuilian’s bed. 

Two hours after Su Shuilian began to experience labor pains, Elder Wangye Jing and his Elder Wangfei Feng Cai Yun had arrived. They were the first to hold the precious dragon-phoenix twins* Qing Lan had brought out of the delivery room. That was because the father of the dragon-phoenix twins paid no mind to them and had only set his attention on his wife inside the room. Liang Xuan Jing (Elder Wangye) and his wife Feng Cai Yun exchanged smiles. How could they not be satisfied with such a son-in-law? With such an excellent appearance and was even better to Shuilian. No matter what social status, isn’t this the kind of caring spouse every woman longs for? Thus, the worries that had lingered in their hearts were lifted. They finally eased their hearts. 

(*Twins with one baby boy and one baby girl) 

Luckily, prior to the labor, Liang-momo had found wet nurses from the city. When Su Shuilian gave birth to their little Young Lady and little Young Master, she had sent the guards to the city to pick them up. Otherwise, with Guye solely focused on their Young Lady, the newborn dragon-phoenix twins whose mother had gone sleeping right after her labor, would be starving. Liang-momo and Chun Lan exchanged looks. Fortunately, they had followed the Elder Wangye and Elder Wangfei’s order to come and serve the Young Lady. Otherwise, they couldn’t imagine how disorderly the house would become. 

When Su Shuilian woke up, the outside was still very dark. Perhaps it wasn’t even yín-shí (3-5 am) yet. She lazily stretched her body. With the feeling of fatigue finally gone, she felt comfortable and refreshed. 

Her stretched hands touched a warm object. She was surprised, turning around to see. It turned out Lin Si Yao was sleeping on the side of her bed. At the moment she touched him, he awoke. He lifted his head and saw her smiling face, Lin Si Yao pulled her small hand up to his face, asking her in a hoarse voice, “You woke up. How do you feel?” 

“I’m alright.” Su Shuilian gently caressed his chin, which had many stubbles, and looked in his bloodshot eyes. She felt her heart ache. “Why didn’t you go sleep in the bedroom?” 

“It’s all the same no matter where I sleep.” He enjoyed her caring words. 

He carefully helped Su Shuilian sit upright with her back against the headboard of the bed. “Are you hungry? I’ll get you some food.”

“A little hungry. Where are the babies?” Listening to him, Su Shuilian suddenly heard her stomach gurgle. She couldn’t help but admit shyly. Turning back, she was surprised when she didn’t see the twins she had labored to deliver. Astonished, she looked around the room and found that the two small beds she had placed in this room weren’t here, either. 

“Shuilian, your parents cough… I mean the Elder Wangye and Elder Wangfei of Jing’s Mansion came. They are taking care of the kids.” Lin Si Yao looked at her deep in the eyes. Before he knew her, he had never thought he would get married, let alone to such a gentle and beautiful woman. What’s more, that it would be a high and noble daughter from the imperial city…