One Year Later

(Disclaimer, Yes there is a HUGE Time skip but this is because the story is going by so slow🧍🏻‍♀️)

In the United States~ one year later

"Hey Jinkyu! Are you sure you know where it is?"
I texted Jinkyu.

He's going to give me a ride to practice

"Yes Yes Just be right outside your apartment"
He responded

I walked out to the front. It's Way hotter here than back home...

I am qualified for the olympics so... I will be here all year. The next olympics is in Tokyo so I'm definitely excited for that.

Jinkyu pulled up

"Hop in"
He said

I got in his car and he started driving me to practice.

"So how's your mom?"
I asked

"She's doing fine, she wants you to come over again"
He told her

"Only if she's making my favorite food"
I joked

"You should come eat with us after practice"
He offered.

"No... I should be on a diet right now."
I frowned

"You can cheat for today"

We both laughed

I get a notification from my phone

News
Park Sunghoon signed a
Contract with Big Hit entertainment

My smiled slowly faded and I quickly cleared my phone and turned it off

———
In practice

"Naeun! 20 squats! Eunbin 20 Push Ups! Quickly!" Coach yelled.  I really do regret complaining to my past couch about how he treated me... This was what he was preparing me for wasn't he?

I quickly did 20 push ups. We warmed up our legs and got on the ice... oh and this is Naeun my teammate! She's really talented

I started skating around the ice like a bird. I'm really excited for the olympics. My main goal is to gain many international fans. And of course win Gold for my country.

A girl named Jessi came up to us.. she's Team USA. she trains with us sometimes. She's participating in Junior Olympics

"Hello! How are you guys today?"
She said

"We're tired but we're great!"
I responded. Ive become good at English!

"I saw you two practicing and I thought you looked really cool. Hopefully we can compete someday "
She said

I smiled
"Let's see each other at the podium "
I said

Jessi smiled and ran to the back of the audience seats.

She's really nice. She has helped me with English and she's been telling me where the good food places are at.

Jinkyu shows me around the City every once in a while. Ive become pretty close with him nowadays since he lives here.

——

After practice I took a Uber and made it back home. I didn't want to bother Jinkyu.

I look on my phone and see my mom posting a picture with Sunghoon.

A tear slowly fell down my face..

My parents love Sunghoon, they treat him as a son in law.

I look through sunghoons social media and I see he has many fans nowadays. But... I should stop stalking.

I clear my phone and turn it off. I took a shower to keep my mind off of him.

Many things happened right before I left. We performed in the Concert on Ice, We performed in the Winter Finals, Sunghoon officially retired from ice skating after the finals and we both won 1st place.. I actually convinced his parents to let him stop skating and pursue a music career, because I knew sunghoon didn't really have the guts to tell them. Then we spent our birthdays together out of the city alone for the first time, it was Christmas season so we had a good time.
Last year was a good year.

I laid down to watch tv when I heard a knock at the door.

"Jinkyu what are you doing here?"
I said as I opened the door?

"I brought your favorite food, my mom made it"

"But my diet-"

"Like I said earlier, today is your cheat day"
He smiled

I rolled my eyes but started to eat anyways.

It's been hard trying not to think about sunghoon. Sometimes I need to just distract myself a little.

Break Ups are hard you know...

Not a single day goes by without me crying over Sunghoon..

My eyes start to tear up.

"Was the food too spicy?"
Jinkyu asked?

"No no it's good.. I'm just.. I'm just.. homesick"
I said

Jinkyu doesn't know about Sunghoon and My breakup. I want him to think sunghoon and I are still together

Jinkyu pats my head

"I've been there... This city is a nice place. You'll love it here"
He smiled

I'm thankful for Jinkyu for being such a good friend.

"Thanks again."
I said

"Oh it's no big deal. That's what friends are for right?"
He said

I nodded my head. I ate as much as I can because I was not going to let this cheat day go to waist.