Love and War (but mostly war) | Damian Wayne x fem!reader

Request: Hello!!! Can i please get an enemies-to-lovers type thingy with Damian and prompts 10 from neutral and 13 from angst? please and thank you!

Paring: Damian Wayne x fem!reader (age 16/17ish)

Prompts: ⚛︎10-"Don't lie to me. I can tell when you are." ᜊ13-"i can take care of myself just fine."

Summary: Being the partner of Damian Wayne comes with its own difficulties. Especially when you're both hot tempered teenagers who don't know how to talk to their crush

A/n: this was so fun to write! i had so many ideas i didn't have enough space for all of them so i think i'll do a part two for this one

Word count: 2.2k

Being a superhero can be difficult

Being a superhero can be difficult. It can be even more difficult when your partner is an absolute dick. So for you being a superhero was very difficult.

You didn't choose to be partners with Robin but as the newest Batgirl you found it came with the job. It turns out Robin was just as unhappy with this predicament as you were.

You tried to be friends with him at first, but after about 2 weeks you realized you weren't getting anywhere and gave up. After you had "proved your skills" to Damian he stopped complaining about being partnered with you on patrol but he didn't stop criticizing your every move. His comments led to more than one petty argument.

He was an asshole to you whenever he got the chance but somehow your over romantic heart decided the shit eating grin that he wore whenever he beat you at sparring was very attractive. Once when you got hurt on the field and he had to bandage you up before taking you back to the cave, he seemed worried and it was almost like he cared about your well being.

You remembered taking on 3 thugs and how the last one pulled a knife out of nowhere. He thrust it towards you before you could react and it sliced across your forearm. You knocked him out with a swift kick and turned to see how your partner was doing, almost forgetting about the cut. It wasn't a terrible wound but the blood made it look a lot worse than it was.

Damian punched the last man, successfully knocking him out before looking over at you. You heard sirens in the distance and he motioned for you to follow him to the roof. You remembered the climb being painful but you didn't want him to lecture you about being weak so you sucked it up and kept climbing.

When you had reached the roof he was already listening to the police scanner, looking for your next hit. You had walked over to him and sat on the ledge with your back facing the street.

You examined the cut and tried not to make any noise. That's when Damian looked up and saw your blood covered arm. You were surprised at how quickly he rushed to your side and pulled out a first aid kit.

"When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me you were hurt?" He had asked you while wiping off some of the blood.

"I'm fine, it's nothing. Just a scratch." You smiled unconvincingly and winced when his gloved hand passed over a particularly painful spot.