Chapter Five: Always Look Where You're Going

AUTHOR'S MESSAGE:

Hey everyone!! Here's my next chapter, and things are about to speed up a bit! Just so your not confused, in this chapter I will be calling Quinn by his first name (Thyrion), his last name (Quincey), and by his usual nickname (Quinn). So please don't get confused on that, and fasten your seatbelts, cuz your in for quite a ride! ;) READ ON MY GOOD PEOPLE!!!! XD

PS - What do you think of the photo on the side? Possible new cover?

Let me know what you think!

______________________

Chapter Five: Always Look Where You're Going

I did not allow my aching body to rest, but instead spent my time trying to find a way out of this prison. My wings are longing to be set free from my jacket, but I'm not willing to risk being seen as I truly am. I haven't sat down in over an hour because my tail is sore, making it hurt to just sit down, so instead I restlessly pace around my stone cage.

I have searched endlessly for openings, but there are none. I have looked for any weakness of my cell, but found none. This place is designed to lock even the slyest of people, and ensure that they can never escape. But then again, I'm not even considered human.

I've assumed that it is nearing the evening, since I can hear the bustling of the city through the stone walls. As evening nears, so does this auction that the guards have been talking about. I've only encountered an auction once, and that was in my city only days ago. What kind of auction are they talking about? Surely they don't expect me to participate in it.

As time sluggishly drags on, I grow more and more frustrated. The only somewhat rational plan that I have is wearing thin, and I'm not even completely sure if it will work. I'm sure that most of the prisoners have tried it already, but then again I'm not most prisoners. I’m not even going to think about how most of the other prisoners are too sedated to try anything. In reality, I’m anyone’s only hope.

I've been planning nonstop for the past couple of hours, and I have only come up with one plan, and its success rate is very slim.

So far my best plan is this: make an escape while my gate is opened. Okay, I know it sounds very stupid and sounds as if it can't be done, and I will even admit that this plan isn't the greatest, but it's the only one I've got. I'm guessing that since they served me a meal this morning, maybe they will be generous and serve me another one before this grand 'auction'. I know that in order for them to deliver my meal to me, that they will have to unlock my gate like they did this morning when they woke me up. Hopefully, the guard will not expect it and give me a chance to slip through the gate before he can close it. It's not much of a plan, but it's better than nothing. This plan also gives me the option to come back to help the other prisoners escape when the coast is clear.

I’m pulled out of my thoughts as the sounds of graceful walking and musical voices ring throughout the boggy air and I stop my restless pacing. I watch as two figures walk down the mysterious staircase towards the prisoners, towards me. I hear them laugh as if they are taking an evening stroll through the garden, not into a prison where the stench of death is almost overbearing.

I quickly dodge to the cover of the shadowed walls of my cell. I press my body up against the cold, damp surface and steady my breathing. I watch as the two figures enter the illuminated hall of the prison. I immediately recognize the one tall, manly figure as Thyrion Quincey, the man who had locked me up in this horrid place. I narrow my eyes at him even though he doesn't even see me.

There is a woman standing next to Quinn, who looks to be around Eve's age. Her dusty brown hair is pulled back into intricate braids on top of her poised head. Deep colors surround her dark eyes and long lashes in hypnotizing patterns. Her thin lips are drawn back into a tight and permanent looking scowl. But what really amazes me is the forest green gown that cascades around her as she glides through the hallway of the prison. The gown has beautiful and intricate golden designs running through the silky cloth, and bright jewels cling to the cloth perfectly in all the right places. On her feet though, is the weirdest thing I have ever come in counter with. A deep green pair of shoes daintily covers her scrawny feet. Like the dress, golden designs and jewels cover the material of the shoe and match the dress. But the fascinating part of all of this is the long pole protruding from the sole of the shoe that made it so that she was standing at least four inches off of the ground. How could anyone walk in those? They don’t even look comfortable, and she somehow manages to make it look as if she doesn’t even touch the ground.