Chapter 8

"Bokuto San, do you want something to drink?" you asked from the kitchen.

"No thanks I bought an energy drink" he answered.

You grabbed a glass of water and walked towards your living room, sitting next to Bokuto.

"Alright then, you really need to focus, I'm not the best teacher but I'm really good at math so I'll try my best to make it clear." you said taking the books out of your bag.

"I'm willing to do anything if it helps me pass my exam." Bokuto said with a serious face.

That's the same face he makes before every game, the level of concentration he has before stepping inside the court is awesome. Sadly, once he steps inside all his concentration fades away and there's only the energetic Bokuto. You just hope he pays attention to you.

"I went to the library and found some books that I think will help you. I guess you have problems with calculus right?" you asked and he just sighed before nodding.

"Well, we'll begin with the basics, starting with the formulas. As you can see you need to copy all of this and memorize them so it will be asy for you" you began explaining in the best detailed way.

𓅓

"(Y/n) Chan can we pleaaase take a break? My brain hurts" Bokuto said placing his head on your lap.

"But Bokuto San we just took a break like 10 minutes ago." you said stroking his hair.

"Pleaaase, I don't think more formulas can go inside my brain, it's so difficult" he whined.

"Okay okay, we'll take a break." you said finally giving in.

"I've been willing to ask but why is nobody home? Where are your parents?" he asked tracing with his finger small circles on your tigh.

"My mom went on a business trip to Miyagi but forgot some important documents so my dad went deliver them. He said they were coming back tomorrow" you said still playing with his hair.

"Oh, what's your mom's job?" he asked

"She works in an important company that sponsors different volleyball teams, her job is to go and look for potential players to participate in the sub-19 and sponsor them. That's why she's always traveling to different prefectures." you said.

"That's pretty cool, I also want to be sponsored" he said laughing.

"Well, if you're in the top 5 of the best aces I guess you will be sponsored pretty soon." you said.

"I hope so, I still have the inter high and the spring high games so probably it will go okay." he said.

"You wanna keep playing volley after high school?" you asked.

"YES! It's my favorite thing in the world and I really like playing." he got excited like a little kid talking about his favorite cartoon.

"You know, I think you're actually pretty amazing. Because of my mom's job I've got to meet a lot of male players but they can't be compared to you." you said.

"Hey (Y/n) Chan" he said and you hummed. "Don't you miss playing volley?" he asked an you tensed up a bit.

"Um well, sometimes but it's not like I can go back to play." you sighed.