• 01 •

⁌ Your time is out, nothing you can do. Better run, Better run~ Vicetone feat. Kat Nestel, Angles 

10:01

Thursday, 26th November 1978

Central Europe, Hungary, Budapest- németvölgyi út: Overground Base Extended Underground- Code Number 20192

Blair's POV

I inwardly twitched with annoyance as the director gave me orders for my next mission. I've been on the team for 12 years now. Since I was five, now I'm seventeen. Being one of the best they got isn't easy and he knows it. But, of course, here I am, in the office, receiving information for a petty assassination.

The office room was quite large compared to mine. Its walls were coated with fresh white paint, the sour scent contaminating the air and irritating my exposed skin.  The mix of the smell and the bright wall paint was enough to make the most kept-together and calm person utterly insane. If I must be honest, I have no idea how the director hasn't turned into a complete nutcase yet, well, not that he hasn't already.

Birchwood covered most of the ground with the exception of a rather old-looking maroon rug spread out in the center of the room. On top of it stood a wide walnut desk with a high-tech computer and set of files. 

"Sarah Manatona. 15-years-old. No known files on her apart from my own. No sighting for over 5 months. Seems to not attend a school or any clubs," Director listed while waving the file around like a manic, "Our scientists have managed to track her down and are currently following coordinates to Brooklyn Bridge Park."

I nodded along mindlessly, wondering if he knew what he was saying off by heart.

"You will set off immediately. Change into your mission-wear, Agent Denn and Agent Tray are waiting."

While taking my leave, I couldn't help but wonder if the only two expressions the Director had, and they were: extremely pissed and not-so-secretly planning your murder. Of course, I'm not saying he wasn't always planning murder (because he was) but...nevermind. Now here is something fun for you. I seem more feared around this company than the Director himself. Everyone is always tense the moment I walk into the room to the moment I walk out, they act as if  I'll randomly pull out a gun on one of them, and I'm clueless as to why. Or maybe it's because I've done it before, but, in my defense, that guy was being a real dick and everyone knows it. They should be thanking me.   

Sometimes I don't know whether to feel offended by their fear or grateful for it. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. I'm being taken to Brooklyn Bridge Park, where I will blend in with the background, and kill her. The reason for doing so? I have no idea. I just do what I told so for all I know they could be killing her just for the hell of it.

Then again, judging by the fact that Sophi-no Sarah was a 15-year-old that the government had no record of...You get the point. Something smells kinda off if you ask me. But nobody ever asks me.

As I silently mutter profanity under my breath, I slide into my black leather pants that wrap tightly around my legs in an uncomfortable manner. The material is incredibly reflective and painful when it gets hot. A black fitting t-shirt that I tuck securely into my leather torture pants (as I call them) I find my feet engulfed by still-black running trainers and hide a grey earpiece behind my brown-with-silver-highlighted hair. Black fingerless gloves fit onto both my skin arm and my metal arm. Quickly, I find fitting places for my stash of guns and throwing knives to fit.

 Quickly, I find fitting places for my stash of guns and throwing knives to fit

________________________________

23:37

Thursday, 26th November 1978

NY City, Brooklyn, Brooklyn Bridge Park

I smile slightly to myself as I keep watch for the 15-year-old girl. My plan is simple, find, trail, assassinate, hide the body, and done. Luckily for me, it was around 23:37. So nobody would be out, hopefully. I silently perched next to a small bushy tree with a knife in hand. Something was weaving in and out of my mind, it was pretty worrying. There was a lot of open space.

Don't get me wrong, I am trained for every possible situation, but there was always a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. A mix of scents passed through the 'oh-so-delightful' aroma of the shrubbery to reach my nose. The smell was strange. It was dirt, but not. It was different from what I had smelt from my hiding place, mixed with heavy smoke, and had a metallic tinge to it. I snapped my head to the side as the volume of small, quiet footsteps increased, signaling to my ears that somebody was approaching. Peering through the thicket, a young 15-year-old girl came into my view. Just who I was looking for. Sarah Manatona. 

"Target acquired," I muttered quietly into my coms.

I scan my surroundings to make sure there would be no witnesses. Once I was sure there would be no setbacks on my mission, I carefully approached the outskirts of man-made trees, my lightweight shoes concealing the crunch of twigs that would be noticeable in any other case. Instinctively, I unsheathed my carving knife knowing full well that I couldn't use a gun for it would make too much noise. And too much noise attracts attention. In this case, unwanted attention. 

My right gloved hand tightly clasped the weapon, holding it low to the ground. Reaching my left hand out into the open, it found its way to the unsuspecting girl's mouth, smothering any sound from a scream to a gasp. The metal arm being stronger than my right one, tugged her back into my hiding spot. Her feet scraped along the ground. That single sound might have possibly been fatal if anyone were to hear. 

"You had a good run Garmadon." I chuckled at my own joke into Sarah's ear. Her body was tense and her face showed nothing but pure fear and anguish. The younger girl's back dug into my stomach as I held her close, one of my legs straddling both of hers making her unable to escape. Although, I doubted she would try anything as she seemed to be momentarily paralyzed.

"I am sorry. I truly am. But all good things must come to an end." Pressing the sharp blade into her neck, "Bye-bye."

I dug the knife deep into Sarah's throat, causing her to let out a strangled noise which was, luckily for me, muffled by my hand. Her body thrashed around in the same way someone would while having an epileptic fit, eventually all her muscles relaxed and the only thing holding her up was my body. I inspected my work. The large gash could no longer be seen from the amount of blood that mutated her neck. 

The red fluid stained her shirt. To anyone else the sight would be sickly but to me, it was the opposite. The girl's face that once held fear and pain look strangely peaceful. I reached my flesh hand up and held out both my middle and index fingers. I pressed the stretched-out fingers on her eyelids and slid them down. This is something I do with every victim I can because while I enjoy my occupation, I feel that if they have a painful death they should have a painless rest.

"Target down. Mission complete." I say into the coms once again as I lift myself efforts off the ground, "I repeat, the target is down."

⁌ Don't call me angel. You can't pay my price~ Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey, Miley Cyrus -Don't Call Me Angel  

_______________________________________

Chapter Started - 3rd March 2021 (03/03/2021) 20:32

Chapter Ended - 14th March 2021 (14/03/2021) 14:40

(1330 Words)