The Shining Beacon Pt. 2

Ruby entered the Auditorium with the boy she met, Jaune, and spotted her sister. She said her goodbyes and went over to her. You also spotted the small girl and smiled. You looked around the room and tried your best to take in all the new faces. Plenty of people to meet. A lot of huntsmen in the making.

You were watching from above everyone. You were sitting along the rafters in the roof just like every year. You had your hat pushed up a bit so you could see better while you ate some peanuts you had left over.

Yang: How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby turned to her older sister, slightly angry.

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes. Meltdown already?

You hummed to yourself before you flicked a peanut down into the crowd. It hit Velvet and she looked around for a moment before you flicked another one. She finally looked up and spotted you.

You waved at her while your smile. She just rolled her eyes playfully and turned back around.

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school. And there was fire a-and I think some ice.

Yang: Are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage and then she yelled at me. And then I sneezed and I exploded! And then she yelled again. I felt really, really bad and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

You glanced back over towards Ruby and her sister, nice rack, and noticed a third figure creeping behind Ruby.

Uh oh.

Weiss: You!

Ruby jumped into her sister's arms scared.

Ruby: Oh God, its happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: Oh my God, you really exploded.

Ruby: It was an accident.

She got down from her sister's arms and turned to Weiss.

Ruby: It was an accident!

Weiss suddenly held out a pamphlet. Hey, you've seen that before. A certain older sister of hers gave you the same one after your first mission with her. You still had it pinned to the wall in your "room".

Memories.

Ruby: What's this?

Weiss: The Schnee Dust Company...

Y/N: Is not responsible for any injuries or damages substaned while operating....

Weiss: a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory.....

Y/N: The Schnee family highly encourages....

Weiss: To familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide....

Y/N/Weiss: To Dust application and practice in the field.

Memorized it to the dot. Ruby, however, was just confused.

Ruby: Uh...

Weiss: You really want to start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely.....

Weiss: Read this and don't ever speak to me again.

She handed Ruby the pamphlet. Huh. Must run in the family.

Yang: Look, uh, sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot.

Weiss was suddenly hit in the ear by a peanut. She chose to ignore it.