Chapter 2

You boarded the Trade Federations ship, immediately a protocol droid greeted you and lead you to a room with a long conference table.  The droid offered you all something to drink and then left, the heavy blast doors closing tightly behind it.

You had a strange feeling about this place, you sensed some kind of disturbance, "I have a bad feeling about this." 

"I feel it too," Obi-Wan responded pacing about the room.

Qui-Gon was gently lounging in one of the chairs along the table, he looked rather relaxed.  "I do not sense anything, I do not think we have anything to worry-" he was cut off when a white fog began spilling into the room.  

"Gas!" Obi-Wan warned.  You all took a deep breath of fresh air as the room filled with the gas in no time at all.  It felt like forever when the blast doors finally opened and the gas began spilling out of the room.  You could make out the faint outline of battle droids waiting outside the door.  You could tell that Obi-Wan and Master Jinn saw it too because they both tensed up.  Qui-Gon activated his green saber, allowing the light to give away his location, you and Obi-Wan followed suit only seconds after.  

The battle droids began firing at you, but it was all to easy to destroy them.  "We should head to the bridge," Qui-Gon called heading off in that direction.  You and Obi-Wan kept pace with each other holding you blue sabers at the ready as you ran.  

The blast doors to the bridge were closed when you arrived.  Qui-Gon immediately began to cut through the doors with his saber while you and Obi-Wan blocked shots from oncoming droids.  After destroying the nearest droids, you had only a second to catch your breath before you heard the familiar sound of destroyer droids rolling into your view.  

"Master, Droid Decas!" Obi-Wan warned and you began blocking countless shots from hitting your master as Qui-Gon continued to cut through the blast doors.  

"Master there are too many of them," you called out, "into the ventilation shaft," you suggested.  

For the first time Qui-Gon stopped focusing on the blast doors and turned around to see the massive amount of droids that had formed.  "Good call, my padawan," Qui-Gon responded before jumping up into the shaft and waiting for the others.  

"Go Obi-Wan," you shouted, moving into a position in front of him to protect him as he jumped.  

"(Y/N), how will you-" 

"Go Obi-Wan, trust me," you cut him off.  Obi-Wan nodded and jumped into the shaft after Qui-Gon.  He peaked down into the hall to see you deactivate your dual sabers and reaching into the force to send the destroyers away from you.  You were able to buy yourself enough time to jump into the shaft after Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.  

"Well done, (Y/N)" Master Jinn responded.  

"Master, I feel a strong connection coming from over there," Obi-Wan stated pointing in a direction that seemed to lead deeper into the ship.  

"I feel it as well," Qui-Gon answered, "let's take a look."  You crawled through the shafts until you came across an opening overlooking the hanger bay.  

"I want to get a closer look," Qui-Gon stated, "be careful, it's a long drop," he warned before jumping down into the hanger bay.  

"I'll go first so I can catch you," Obi-Wan whispered before bracing himself for the jump.   You really did not need his help, but you smiled to yourself at his offer.  Obi-Wan was always trying to protect you, although he knew very well that you were able to protect yourself.  You took a quick look down and jumped bracing you knees for impact.  

Obi-Wan caught you around the waist gently and quickly let go.  You both ran over to where your master stood behind some crates overlooking the main level.  The hanger was filled with dozens of battle ships and legions of droids.  

"It looks like they are preparing for war, master," you commented quietly.  

"Yes, an invasion perhaps," Qui-Gon whispered back.  

"We are in the Naboo system, do you think they would dare invade another planet within the Republic?" Obi-Wan said.  

"The question is," you began softly, "have they already begun to invade?"

"I'm not sure," Qui-Gon answered, "but I know one way to find out." He turned to face both padawans, "You two must go back through the vents and get to the command bridge, from there try and listen to any of their incoming transmissions and see if you can learn anything," He instructed.  "I am going to board one of the transports, when they start to take off, make your way back here and board separate transports, we will meet on the surface."  

"Yes master," you and Obi-Wan responded in unison.  You jumped back into the ventilation shaft and Obi-Wan was behind you in an instant.  

"The control room is that way," Obi-Wan whispered pointing to the left.  You carefully moved your way through the vents.  

"I have a bad feeling about this place, I sense something elsewhere, illusive, but still present here."  you whispered to Obi-Wan.  

"The sooner we get the information, the sooner we can leave this place," Obi-Wan answered.   You nodded and began to creep through the vents towards the command bridge.  

There was a small opening where you and Obi-Wan could huddle together and look into the bridge.  The Visroy of the Trade Federation was speaking to a few of his counsel.  "I want this invasion to be swift," he ordered.  

"Do you really believe the Queen will sign our treaty?" one of his assistants asked hesitantly.  

"For her people's sake - she must," the Visroy responded.  "Send the ships out and begin the invasion, I want the Queen captured and brought to me without delay." 

You turned to Obi-Wan and whispered, "we have to hurry and get to the ships before they take off."  Obi-Wan nodded and you both crawled back to the hanger bay as quickly as they could.  There were only two ships left when you arrived, luckily they were the closest to your location.  

The noise of the ships taking off was so loud they could barely hear anything. "They are about to take off," (Y/N) yelled over the noise.  "Obi-Wan go!" you shouted and used the force to push him out of the vent and on to a ship.  

"(Y/N)!" he yelled back reaching out for you, but his ship took off.  You quickly jumped and landed on the next ship just as it was about to take off.  You had just enough time to squeeze through the hatch before the ship took off into space.