Chapter 5: An Old Friend

Y/n's POV

"I had to bring my twin daughters with me."

Henry looked at me wide eyed, his face losing color by the second. "What the hell do you mean?" I looked at him for a second, contemplating my words. "After we broke up..I met someone. Then I had Sofia and Sarah. Their dad isn't in the picture, so I had to bring them with me." I couldn't quite read his expression. "No one else could watch them?!" I rolled my eyes. "Obviously not Henry! They're 13, I'm not leaving them home alone. Plus they'd ask too many questions. Honestly in retrospect I've made a mistake, but it's too late now."  Henry looked dumbfounded. "You know...technically they are old enough to be home alone." I glared at him. "Shut up. I feel stupid enough. They'd do a lot of dumb shit anyway. I also didn't know when I'd be back and I didn't want to leave them for too long." I opened my phone to look at Sofia's text.

Sofia
Mom where are you?

i'll be back up in a minute
                                         sweetie!! 
Okay

I looked at the time at the top left of my screen. "Shit. I've gotta head to Jade the Orient to meet with the rest of the gang. Do you think you could watch them? I know it's last minute, but I'm scared to leave them alone around here." He looked at the ground contemplating for a moment. "Fine." He said with a cool tone. We hurried back up to the room, my heart racing thinking about seeing all of my old friends again. We burst through the door to see a shocked Sofia and Sarah. They looked at me puzzled. "Mom..what's the hurry? Who's this guy?" Sarah asked with a concerned tone. "Um, girls. This is Henry. He is an old..friend. He's going to watch you both while I go visit with some other old friends. Maybe you guys can go do something while I'm gone!" I elbowed Henry while trying to sound enthusiastic. He sighed and looked at me unsurely. The girls looked at each other, just as unsure as he was. I rushed over and hugged them. "I'll see you girls later, I'm late!" I kissed them both on the forehead and headed out to my car. I was excited to see old friends and eat some good ol' Chinese food.

God, I hope tonight goes well.