Chapter 1: The Call

*27 years later*

Y/n's POV:

I was driving my twin daughters home from school after a long day of work. "Hey, give me my headphones back Sarah!" Sofia screamed at her sister, straining to grab it. "Only if you can reach it, Sof." Sarah teased, holding it out of her sister's grasp. "Mommm! Tell Sarah to give me back my headphones! I want to listen to my music!" Sofia whined. I take a deep breath, attempting to calm myself.

"If you girls don't stop bickering, I'll take away both of your phones. Sarah, give your sister her headphones back." I heard Sarah groan and saw her stick her tongue out at Sofia in the rear view mirror. "Sarah! I'm warning you." I snapped. She rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone. I sighed loudly and turned up the radio to drown them out the rest of the drive home.

I pulled into the driveway of our blue two story home. We get out and the girls head upstairs. "Do your homework! I'll be checking in a few hours!" I yelled after them. Silence followed. I sighed and hung my keys by the door. I went into the kitchen and set my purse on the counter. I realized I had no motivation to make dinner, so I went upstairs to ask the girls what kind of pizza they wanted.

"Pepperoni with mushrooms, please!" Sofia and Sarah yelled in sync. I chuckled to myself. "They're so different, but so alike." I walked back down the stairs looking at the photos along the wall. I paused to look at one photo. It was a photo of the girls as babies. I had dressed them in matching rompers. I grabbed the photo off the wall and took it to the living room.

I sat on the couch looking at the picture, thinking about how much they've grown and how different they've become. Sofia developed a shy and quiet personality. She's always been into dark stuff. She loves horror, Tim Burton, and anything spooky. Her favorite holiday is Halloween. I smile slightly, remembering I was the same way.

Her sister is polar opposite. Sarah has always been a bubbly and outgoing person. She's loved Disney ever since she was little. Her favorite princess was Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty. She had a fad with almost every doll that Mattel has ever come out with. She's even started to collect porcelain dolls. I smile at the thought of both of them.

Suddenly, I hear my cell phone ring in the kitchen. I get up and place the photo onto the glass coffee table. I sprint to the kitchen and look at the screen. It's an unknown number. As I'm about to hit decline I get this feeling that I should answer. I click accept and I slowly bring it to my ear. "H-Hello?" I stutter.

"Y/n Y/l/n?" the unknown caller asks. "Yes, this is she. Who is this?" I asked quietly. "It's Mike Hanlon, From Derry." I gasp and drop my phone. I quickly pick it up. "I'm sorry?" I said, my voice quaking. "It's come back Y/n. I've already contacted the others. We need you." I sat there quiet for a bit.

"Y/n? Hello?" I snap back into reality. "Oh Mike! Yes, I-I'll be there. See you soon." I said quickly. "Thank you. See you soon." I hung up the phone and slowly put it down. I crumpled to the kitchen floor, feeling numb. "I-It's come back? How? We defeated It." Memories come flooding back. The clown holding my throat, hearing him over the phone. I put my head in my hands.

"Mom?" I jumped and hit my head on the cabinet. I grabbed the spot I hit immediately. "Ow..fuck." I muttered. I looked up quickly to see Sofia standing there in her pajamas. She rushed over to me. "Mom are you okay? It had been a few hours, so I came to check on you." I gave her a tight hug. "I'm okay sweetie. I'll come say goodnight in a minute." I kissed her forehead. She smiled at me. "Okay mom." she said as she went back upstairs.

"I'm gonna have to make a few phone calls."