Chapter 6: Reunion

y/n's POV:

"God I hope tonight goes well."

A lot is running through my mind. I just ran into Henry Bowers, I'm going to eat Chinese food with people I haven't seen in almost 27 years, and I LEFT my daughters with Henry Bowers. Negative thoughts race through my head. "What if he hasn't changed? What if he hurts them as revenge? What if-". I hear a horn blare in the near distance, breaking me from my train of thought. The anxiety in my chest started bubbling. I tried my best to push it down, but it was getting to an unbearable point.

I see Jade the Orient in the distance and my heart leapt into my throat. I start taking deep breathes, attempting to calm down my racing heart. As I pull into the parking lot my heart rate is slowly going down. I can feel my hands shaking slightly as I put my car in park. I sit there for a second, contemplating whether I should grab a cigarette from my stash. "Fuck it, the girls aren't around to see." I open my dash to find them, I hadn't touched a cigarette since I was 20. My grandfather died from health complications that year, it gave me the willpower to finally quit smoking completely.

I had my stash, just in case a situation like the one I'm in occurs. Just as I shakily bring the cigarette to my lips to light it, a loud knock on my window made me jump. The cigarette fell out of my hand and onto my lap. I gasp in shock and quickly grab it before it falls on my car floor. I turn quickly to see another face I haven't seen in a long time. Beverly Marsh. Well Rogan now, but that's besides the point. Bev is the only one I kept in touch with after high school. "Bev!!!" I put my cigarette on my passenger seat and I leap out of the car. I hadn't hugged someone so hard in a long time. "How have you been y/n? I haven't seen you since high school."

I thought about my answer for a moment. "Well, it's honestly not THAT bad. Sofia and Sarah are starting high school soon, which is honestly crazy to me. Earlier I may or may not have ran into H-" I stopped myself. "Should I tell her about Henry?" Bev gave me a weird look. "Who did you run into y/n?" I hesitated. "If I tell you, you can't tell the others. I don't know how they'd feel about it." She held up her hand sticking out her pinky finger. I gave her a look, "Bev. I am 44 years old, I don't do pinky promises anymore." We both laughed loudly. "C'mon y/n. For old times sake." I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Alright, fine." I interlocked my pinky with hers. I sigh, trying to find a good way to say it. "I saw..Henry Bowers." She gasped loudly as her hand flew to her mouth. "Y/n. Oh my god! What did you say to him?" I smiled at the memory, even if it was short. "I'm going to be honest. I told him...that I missed him." She gasped again, but louder while smacking my arm. "Y/n! It's been 25 years since you left him! He treated you like crap!" I shook my head. "Towards the end he did, but he was drinking. I honestly am not sure if he still does or not, but he acted different than when I last saw him. He acted like..himself., but in a good way."

I looked down at the ground. "You're not going to tell the guys, right?" I looked at her and she smiled. "Of course not y/n. Your secret is safe with me, just please be careful." I smiled back. "Of course I will. I'm still hesitant myself. I know it sounds stupid, but something about it feels right." We heard a loud voice behind us. "Y/n! Bev! You guys actually came!" I turned around to see Richie with Bill, Mike, and Eddie. "Well if it isn't trash mouth!" Bev said laughing as she ran over to them.

I counted them all, realizing Ben and Stan were missing. "Hey! Where's Ben and Stan at?" Suddenly an expensive looking car pulls up and parks next to mine. Out walks a well toned man with brown hair, his face being vaguely familiar. Beverly spoke up. "Ben?" I stopped myself from gasping. That's the same boy I saw all cut up in the alleyway? "That's Ben? Holy shit...h-he's fine as fuck!" I immediately looked down at the ground, feeling weird for thinking that. "It's good to see you all again." Ben said smiling. "How about we go in and get our seats." Bill said. We all agreed and followed him in.

We sat at a table in the back where it was a little secluded. After we ordered our food and drinks we started talking about the old days of when we met and such. They all were obviously much closer to each other and I felt a little awkward. I mostly talked with Bev and a little with Eddie and Richie. It was honestly such a good time. Then Mike brought up the plan, to defeat it...again. The conversation started to get heated as they all argued about what to do.

The waitress came back and brought our fortune cookies. We each opened ours and everyone looked confused. Eddie spoke up. "Alright who's fucking with me? My fortune cookie just says Could." Richie spoke up next "They don't know how they do fortune cookies here, but mine just says Guess." Everyone looked horrified. I cracked open mine and it had a smiley face on it. An idea popped into my head. "Maybe we're supposed to piece it together?" Everyone looked at each other. "I don't see why we can't try." Ben said quietly. After a minute everyone started arguing. Slowly we pieced it together, but something was missing.

"It Could Not Guess"
"Guess It Could Not Cut"
"It Could Not Cut"

Everyone was visibly irritated. Eddie was being the loudest "When it says It, is it talking about It or is it not It" We got louder by the second. "Did you fuck with the fortune cookies Mike?" Richie half yelled. As everyone was arguing amongst themselves I noticed Bev looking at her slip of paper with tears rolling down her face. Everyone quieted down when they noticed her reaction. Slowly, she placed the tiny slip of paper by the sentence.

"Stanley."

Tears suddenly flooded my eyes as I put my slip of paper on the table. Bev put her hand over her mouth, stifling a sob.

"Guess Stanley Could Not Cut It :)"

A/n: Hi. I am so sorry I have been MIA since April. A lot has been happening in my life and I've just been putting off writing because of school and work. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter and I promise to do better. Have a blessed day. <3

A/ n 2022: hi, happy new year. i am working on my next chapter for this book. i've been mia for so long bc my family life has gone to shit, so i'm finally back here working on this book again. i'm trying my best, it's just chaos rn.