━𝙷𝙾𝚆 𝚂𝙾𝙾𝙽 𝙸𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚆?━

━𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚━

━𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚━

'𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺'𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴.'

"𝘉𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘑𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 3𝘢𝘮.''

"𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙮 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢?''

"𝘕𝘰, 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥-𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭.''

"𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭.''

"𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘪-''

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.''

"𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦.''

"𝘈𝘱𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦.''

He only made his dad proud once, he hated every second of it. A metal tray in his sweaty hands, he was thirteen. His face cut up and bloody, the bruises burning into his skin. The alcohol scent ingrained in him regardless of the amount of times he could bath. His first school, a quint prep school in Italy. His vans skidding across the varnished floors, why couldn't he be normal? They were standing in a group at the edge of the cafeteria. Speed came easy that day, he had to do this. He couldn't be a nice boy. He couldn't show mercy. His hands grinding into the icy metal. No one questioned it, they were too busy talking about what their parents would buy them next. Clenching his jaw, one noticed him. They all turned snickering, the leader was last to turn. "Back so soon-'' he slammed the tray into his face, cutting him off mid sentence. They all gasped, he got on top of him, a red splat on his face. He trashed him into the floor, he felt like a brand new person. Blood splat after blood splat. They all circled them, the boy didn't fight back, he felt bewitched. All he could do was stare into those gray eyes, waiting for death to hit him in the stomach. After what seemed like decades, the teachers finally got Elio off of him. Elio struggled, spitting in his face. His hands shook as he waited in the office for his dad. The hushes of Italian creeping into his ears. He winced, bouncing his leg. He was expelled that day. His dad told the principal that they would get him help now, but how soon was now? All he got was a ring as a congratulations. "Is that what you wanted, a congratulations? Are you happy now?" his dad clapped his hands slowly.