percy is assaulted by a clownfish

Hello hello hello! For any newcomers, welcome! To my usual readers, welcome back to my writing! I promised a good story, and I brought you one! This is, obviously, a PJO/Avengers crossover fanfic. The first 10 chapters are prewritten, so those should come out fast, but the rest is still in progress. So I can tell you honestly this will be more than 10 chapters.

This is set a year after the Giant War and kinda a month or so after the first Avengers movie. I'm kinda pushing back Winter Soldier until after this story, so just know that. Other than that adjustment, the timeline will mainly stay the same. Nico and Thalia might make an appearance but idk for sure.

I plan on this being a series, so stick with me this'll take awhile. This story is kinda just an origin story of how the Avengers and PJO characters met and became a team, so this is NOT BASED ON ANY MOVIE.

I do have an amazing beta reader, nightskywithrainbows on Ao3, who has helped me get this story ready for you guys, so major kudos her them. Couldn't have done it without you!

This is also on FF, Ao3, Inkitt, Webnovel, and Tumblr. Now on with the story!

- your author

Ω ♆ Ω

The day was going great. That is, until Percy was assaulted by a clownfish.

He was just trying to have a relaxing evening with his girlfriend, but the Fates were never that nice, were they? Him and Annabeth were in Montauk, celebrating the second anniversary of the end of the Titan War and Percy's birthday. They decided to spend some time alone together in the water, just like they had done on multiple occasions. Percy created an air bubble, and Annabeth got the blue cupcakes. It was meant to be peaceful, but of course, some disaster had to happen that pulled Percy away.

Just as Percy had blown out the candle, he heard an extremely annoying voice screaming in his head. Of course, after living with his sometimes-odd abilities for so long, Percy had grown accustomed to hearing voices that nobody else could, and he didn't think much of it when he found he could hear the anxious yelling of a clownfish (whose name was Marlin, by the way).

"My lord! My lord! We need your help! Please!" the clownfish screamed, swimming as close as he could get to the air bubble without breaching it.

Percy sighed, closing his eyes and counting to ten, hoping that the fish would just go away so that he could enjoy his birthday with his girlfriend in peace.

Unfortunately, the sea animal was determined.

"My lord! Can you hear me? Hello! There's been a bombing! Please!"

Percy cracked one eye open, seeing a soft smile on Annabeth's face. She had noticed what was going on, or at least, she had guessed. This happened more than Percy would like to admit.

With one last deep breath, Percy responded, "What?"

He didn't mean it to come out so snappy, but it did. There was nothing he could do to change that, so he just continued on without apologizing. Honestly, couldn't he just get some vacation time for once?!

"We need your help, my lord! There's been a bombing on the Brooklyn Bridge! It's going to collapse! I have friends who live in the East River!" the fish hurriedly rushed out.

That peaked his attention. No matter how annoying it could be, Percy was still the son of Poseidon, and that meant he had a natural instinct to protect the ocean. Or any bodies of water, really. So there was really no other option for him other than to leave his beautiful girlfriend so that he could help the inhabitants of the East River.