the reaction

I swear I meant to post this much sooner. Sry ig

Lots of thx to my wonderful beta reader!

Ω ♆ Ω

For several painstakingly-silent seconds, everyone was too shocked to move, or even speak. The silence was broken by the maniacal laugh coming from Percy's attacker. The man was mortal, made obvious by the way he held his weapon, and he was using a Greek style sword, just made with steel.

"I did it! I fulfilled my master's wish! We win! HAHAHAHAHA!" the man screamed, dropping to his knees.

With a gasp, Annabeth dropped down to Percy's side, tears threatening to spill out. She couldn't afford to cry right now. Not when Percy needed her.

She applied pressure to the hole in his stomach with her hands, but she knew it wasn't doing much. She knew it went all the way through. In a futile attempt to slow the bleeding, Annabeth ripped off the sleeve of her shirt and pressed it to the wound.

There was so much blood. Oh gods, there was so much blood.

While Annabeth tried to help Percy, the others had sprung into action. Well, more like Hazel shocked them all by driving her sword down on the mortal man's neck, beheading him before any of them could say a word.

"Hazel!" Steve gasped, staring in shock at the small girl before him.

She just totally threw whatever assumptions he had previously made about her out the window. And then burned them.

But that wasn't important right then.

"Bruce and Tony, go set up the medlab! Jason, Leo, and Annabeth, bring Percy there. Clint, make sure they know the way. Nat, call Fury and get him to deal with the attacker. And you," he turned to Hazel, Frank, and Piper, "Call your camp."

Everyone sprung into action. After all, their friend was dying.

Ω ♆ Ω

comment, like, & follow!