Chapter 3

I'm going to be changing the title of my story because this is not a oneshot anymore. It is now officially going to be a story with a even more elaborated plot. I don't want to drag this out longer than it has to be! So please don't hate me!

Thank you and I hope you enjoy and future chapters!

________________________________

"No!" 

Peter heard Tony scream from across the room as the shot went off.

Everything else went it slow motion.

The man running in the other direction as Natasha ran and toppled him over. The searing pain in his side as the bullet hit him and sent him flying backwards. Tony's thundering footsteps before he collapsed beside Peter before he could even hit the ground. 

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. call the med-bay," Tony ordered.

"I'm okay, Mr. Stark," Peter protested, but a surge of pain shot through him and he fell back into Tony's arms. 

"No, you're not. Fri, anytime now."

"Sir, it appears that all systems have been shut do-"

At that, the lights in the training room shut off, encasing them all in pitch black. Tony prayed that the back-up server wasn't fried. He counted down the 5 seconds in his head. 

But the lights didn't come back on.

"Nat!" Tony yelled, furious. Was this some sort of distraction to get the Avengers? Did this guy have accomplices? Why shoot Peter? Did he know he was Spider-Man?

"Tony?" He heard her somewhere behind him. 

"You still got him right?" His voice trying to shout over the deafening endless noise that had wormed it's way into his head. He wanted quiet. He wanted peace. Not a broken team and a kid who was bleeding out in his arms. 

Natasha's silent answer and a small groan said enough. 

Tony searched throughout the room, feeling through the dark, still trying to carry Peter without dropping him. When he finally made it to the hallway, he could faintly see the outline of Bruce with a stretcher. Tony gently laid him down before they swiftly wheeled him away, flashlights guiding them through the hallways. 

Tony wanted to run after them, to scream, to cry. But not here. Not in front of all of these heroes. He needed to stay strong. He turned his repulsor into a light as random lights, including Wanda's magic, cut through the pitch black. 

"What the hell just happened?" Sam yelled.

Tony looked at him with tired eyes and shrugged.

"With the lights? Someone must have hacked the main frame but-" 

"No! With the kid! Why did he just take a fricking bullet for us?"

Tony stood up quickly before coming face to face with Sam.

"He didn't take a bullet for any of us," he seethed. "He was shot. What more do you want to know?"

" I want to know when the hell you recruited him!" Bucky shot back. 

"We can do this later," Rhodes stated, ever the one to end a fight. 

Tony let a huff as he ran through the hallways, searching for the elevator. 

The rest of the Avengers turned to face each other, a mix of confusion and pain on their features.

"Just like that?" Scott exclaimed, eyes following the path Tony had taken. "We're just letting him go with no explanation?"

"We have other matters to attend to," Vision announced before nodding towards the man Natasha still had held by her side. 

"Who sent you?" Wanda questioned. 

The man didn't say anything but a swift kick to his back and an arrow pointed at his head made him cave.

"Alright, alright! They're going to kill me for telling you this."

"Who said we wouldn't?" Clint spoke up, his weapon still aimed at the man's forehead.

The man chuckled before he looked Wanda straight in the eyes, his voice growing dark and sinister. 

"We have been created for the greater good. We will stop the so-called heroes from destroying cities and killing innocent people. Don't pretend I didn't see the stunt you pulled in Lagos."

Wanda shivered, the words resurfacing some bad memories. Despite everyone telling her it was an accident, she couldn't convince herself that it wasn't her fault. She was a dangerous weapon created by HYDRA. Why should she be trusted?

Before she can start to crumble, she felt a comforting hand on her shoulder. Tilting her head to the side, she saw Vision and gave him a grateful smile.

"We will defend this country," the man continued. "We will stop the lies that have been spread about the Avengers. We will help this country rise from the ashes."

"Who's 'we'?" Natasha ordered, but the man rambled on.

"We shall destroy the false hope that you have created, giving people the belief that they are safe as they are perish beneath piles of rubble. These missions, these life-saving adventures that you pride yourselves with, have killed, destroyed, and shattered millions of cities. You have created your own weapon and it is aimed straight at your hearts. Say goodbye to the world you know."

"Who do you work for?" Bucky repeated the question, getting more annoyed by the second.

The man looked at them with pleading eyes, unsaid words written in his unshed tears as he finished his proclamation.

"Long live C.O.B.R.A!"

The man clicked a button on his wrist, and the team couldn't do anything but watch as a currents of electricity trailed up the man's arm, him letting out a scream of rage before he collapsed to the ground.

Natasha scrambled to get a pulse, and when she turned towards them, her expression was grim.

"He's dead."

_____________________________________________

Wow! That was again one heck of a chapter! Please comment, vote, and check out other works under my name. Also, please spread the news about this story! I hope that my readers can see my love for MARVEL expressed through these stories!

(And, if you're wondering, it did take at least an hour to come up with a cool evil organization name.)

Thank you!