chapter 1

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHAPTER ONE ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

3RD POV

It was early in the morning when Y/N was called into the Hokage's office. She groaned and complained about how early it was. Then she immediately dressed in her anbu uniform then took her mask that had three gill-like stripes on each side and teleported into the office. The anbu in the room all kneeled to show respect.

"Salmon Roe," 'Hello'  Y/N said while smiling under her mask.

"I'm glad you could come here under such short circumstances, Sakana, I have an urgent discussion that needs to be addressed at some point," the Hokage said while blowing smoke out of his pipe.

Y/N was nervous but also curious, did she do something wrong or did something happen? She was getting ready for the worst from getting ready to fight an entire army to trying to find a lost cat. While overthinking about what she had to face she was told to take off her mask and was now in her anbu uniform and had a mask covering her mouth and nose.

"I believe that it would be best to step down from anbu captain and be around some kids your age, Y/N-chan,"

She was gaping like a fish out of the water while the rest of the anbu was also shocked but had to keep it together.

"We both know you are one of the most capable shinobi in this village, I mean you are 12 almost 13, and have been anbu captain for almost 2 years. But I believe that since you have been an anbu you have not had a childhood like others. So I think you should join the academy and go onto a genin team to help make friends your age" the Hokage finished looking at me secretly awaiting my reaction.

"Fish Flakes!" 'No! I do not want to!'  Y/N said with wide eyes, "Fish Flakes! Fish Flakes!" 'I have friends and I do not like kids!'

The Hokage sighed and started to feel guilty for the method he was going to use to get Y/N to join the academy and become a 'genin'. But he had no choice at the moment since Y/N was either about to go into full depressed-chibi-mode or full I-will-kill-you mode. Either way, he would not be able to deal with either so he only had one choice.

"I understand, but aren't you a kid too?" he sweatdropped "Nevermind that, how about we strike a deal?"

"Tuna Mayo..?" 'What is the deal?'  Y/N said suspiciously but also genuinely curious of where this could go.

"I will let you stay as an anbu, you can pick the next captain, and you can still have your A-rank and S-rank missions every once in a while," Hiruzen said with a serious face, "But you must agree to join the academy for the last few days and go onto a genin team."

"Mustard Leaf?" 'Will the jounin know my rank and who I am?' Y/N asked worried since she was well known as anbu captain, but also in the bingo book as 'The Cursed Speaker' an S-Rank ninja.