Part 88 - Bed Bound Bugaboo

"You know", Adrien stated, "this is the second time that I went to New York with you on a regular flight and returned unscheduled on an aeroplane, my father chartered privately. Just this time I am not sad about it."

Marinette gave him a weary smile. She was scared, excited and totally exhausted after experiencing some new, more or less painful contractions over the night. Around 4 o'clock AM, Claire had placed an IV drip containing a much higher dose of magnesium, that had finally done the trick and stopped them.

But still Marinette hadn't slept afterwards, as she was constantly waiting for another pain or tensing of her belly. She had dreaded the way to the airport and the flight back, but now, that they were up in the sky, she was getting calmer and relaxed a bit.

Gabriel, Nathalie, Chloe and Felix were flying with them, while Emily, though the decision was hard for her, stayed back with Audrey until the fashion queen would be able to leave New York for some time. They were planning on staying in London for some time then, to return to Paris when the twins and Nathalie's little girl were supposed to be born.

Less than an hour after their departure Marinette finally drifted off to sleep, as did her husband. The young physician sighed in relief and leaned back in her seat to close her eyes for a moment as well. She wasn't really sleeping though. She would be feeling much better, if there was an experienced doctor around, as she didn't dare to give the girl any medication in addition to the magnesium, because most of them had quite some side effects and could really do harm to the babies in that state.

That was a risk, Claire didn't dare to take. So she was just blissfully happy, that the magnesium eventually had worked and the contractions had come to a halt. She could just hope, that it would stay that way for the next two days, so Marinette could go to her own gynaecologist instead of attending any hospital and get even more stressed out.

In fact the teenage girl was so exhausted from all the excitement, that she even slept through the landing, and opened her eyes only after Adrien had softly kissed her cheek and whispered something into her ear.

Now Marinette looked around in confusion.

"Welcome home, M'lady!", Adrien blurted out with a happy smile.

"Ugh, I wished I could sleep a little longer. And you know I can tell your fake smile from your real one, Minou!", the pregnant, young woman lamented.

"Want some help getting to your feet?", the model now changed the topic, giving her an honest but sheepish smile.

"I guess!" She sighed and took his hands to be pulled out of the seat immediately.

Of course she would not have been Marinette, if she hadn't tripped over her own purse, so Adrien had to catch her. He did, but struggled.

"Well Purrincess, it's getting kinda hard to get a hold of all three of you. Not that you were too heavy, I just don't know, how to hold you without hurting you or the twins!", he uttered, desperately hoping she wouldn't understand him wrong. Luckily this time she didn't.

Marinette only shrugged and held on to him, wrapping her arms around him, as far as it was possible for her, to snuggle into the crook of his neck with her face. Like that they stood there holding each other, mentally preparing for the coming days.

The young doctor laid a hand on each teenager's shoulder.

"Come on, let's get out of here and back to your home. I still want you to lie down again as soon as possible. Though you're better now, it can happen again and I don't want to take the risk. Okay?", Claire said as she rubbed the young woman's back comfortingly.