Chapter 15

Once again I had been woken up by the school bell ringing very loudly throughout the school house. I slowly opened my eyes and mentally groaned as I found myself greeted by the bright sunlight which was peaking through the split in the curtains. I stretched my arms up into the air and turned onto my back. After a couple more minutes of adjusting my eyes to the light I decided I had better get out of bed as it was the first day of school today and I didn't think the teachers would be pleased if I arrived late.

  Eventually I was washed and dressed into my uniform. As the whole school had changed, Mr Byrne had made a few changes to the uniform. Instead of wearing my jumper all the time, I now had to wear a blazer too. We could wear them whenever we wanted as they weren't a necessary piece of clothing like the white shirt and the tie. The blazers had to be worn today as it was the first day of the new opening of the school and it was also Denzil's memorial which everyone in the school house was expected to go too whilst looking extremely smart. I didn't think much of the blazer but I would wear it for Denzil. He would want to be respected.

I went downstairs and walked in to the dining room. Miss Croft immediately noticed my presence and wished me a good morning. After collecting a bowl of cereal I looked around the room. Not many people were in there yet so I took a seat at the table where Rhiannon was sitting.

"Morning Char."

"Morning Rhiannon. You looking forward to today?"

"Not really I will admit that I'm quite scared of who will be there. What if they don't like me?"

"Rhiannon don't be too harsh on yourself. Of course they will love you!"

"Do you reckon so?"

"Yeah and if they don't, they will have me to answer to."

"How are you feeling about Denzil's memorial?" I could see that she had become more and more worried by the minute.

"Scared and upset. I just wish he was here with me. I'm going to make sure I do him proud today."

"Charlotte. He would be proud of you no matter what and you know this." I didn't know what to say. A part of me believed Rhiannon but the other part of me wasn't so sure.

"Good Morning Tariq. You sleep okay pet?" Miss Croft greeted Tariq as he entered the room. Tariq ignored this and moved to where the cereals where. Phoenix began to pick up a bowl to assist Tariq with his breakfast but Tariq was having none of this.

"I can manage." He harshly said causing Harley to feel uncomfortable. He should've have spoken to Harley like this but it was understandable as the last time Tariq had gone to school, he was capable of walking. Now he went everywhere in a wheelchair.

Rhiannon raised her eyebrows at the figure who stood in the doorway. I turned around to see Scout stood at the door wearing her pyjamas. Trust Scout to not be wearing her uniform like the rest of us all.

"I'm full." Rhiannon said as she pushed her bowl in front of her. I noticed that this comment was directed towards Scout.

"Hope you enjoyed your breakfast Rhiannon." Scout bitterly said.

"Yum yum." Rhiannon said whilst gritting her teeth. The way Rhiannon said this made me feel uncomfortable. I know that Rhiannon was never really nice towards Scout but she had never done anything like this before. I hoped they would soon sort things out.

"You've done that on purpose. You know I like 'em." Oh no I could see a fight was going to break out.

"There's plenty of fruit." Rhiannon pointed out slyly. I realised then that Rhiannon had eaten the rest of the cereal which meant Scout could only have fruit for breakfast. This was awful of Rhiannon.