Chapter 10

"Denzil I'll make up for it." I shouted as he walked off in a pretend strop. 

  We were at the local park. You know the one, the one where Denzil and I went the first night we went out. Well anyway Denzil had decided to buy himself an ice cream and didn't bother to buy me one and ice cream is my favourite treat. So what did I do? I ate his. This caused him to be over dramatic and he started to say he would never do anything like that to me.

"It's too late Char. You stole from me." He placed his hand on his heart. "It hurts too much to carry on."

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic performance. I was so glad the park was empty, I really didn't want to explain this scene to anyone passing by. "You're such a drama queen."

He gasped. "A gorgeous drama queen actually." Denzil sounded so sexy. He really didn't realise how I felt for him.

"Hmm whatever."

"Fine then Charlotte. If you wanna act immature. I'll show you immature." He then walked over to the road. "Who's the immature one now?" This really didn't make any sense.

"Denzil. You know I don't mean it." I faked a sob and he backed into the road.

"I'm not immature." He stated whilst cheekily sticking his tongue out at me. It was only then when I realised something was speeding down the same road.

I panicked. "Denzil look out!" He turned around then...

I screamed as my body began to heat up in a fury. I looked around the room and relaxed once my body sensed it was only a dream and this was reality. My mobile phone lit up to show me it was only 2.00am. It was only Wednesday. Ever since the accident on Monday each of my dreams revolved around Denzil and not one of them was one I wanted to not wake up from. They all linked in to the accident.

"You okay?" My best friend asked me from the other side of my dorm door.

"Yeah." My voice was almost breathless as I was gradually gaining my regular heart beat back.   The door opened and a concerned Scout came wandering in. She had bags patched under her eyes so she obviously hadn't been able to sleep. I guess my screaming didn't help either. Especially at this time of the day.

"I heard you scream and I wasn't sure if you were okay. Are you?" Scout sleepily said.

"Yeah I'll be fine." I didn't like knowing my best friend had not slept. 'Best friend' nobody will ever replace Denzil and myself's friendship. We were inseparable, completely inseparable.

Scout looked at me. "No you're not. You look as though you're on fire. What happened?"

"It was another dream about Denzil." No point in beating around the bush at the time of day. Scout really should be catching up on her sleep, no babysitting me.

"Oh." Was her reply. I guessed it was hard for Scout being there for me at the moment as she was also grieving for Denzil. "Sorry I woke you."

"Don't worry about it. I was awake anyway."

"Why?" I was intrigued by this. Obviously I could tell she had not been to sleep but curiosity had taken the better of me.

She shrugged. "Just kept waking up expecting to hear Denzil playing knock a door run on my door."   I laughed, that was something Denzil would have done. The cheeky little monkey. Scout looked at me then burst out into floods of laughter.

"Shush." I hissed. "We don't want to wake anyone."

"What time is it?" Scout yawned and rubbed her eyes to prevent her from falling to sleep. Silly girl, I thought.