Chapter 20

"Charlotte! It's nine o'clock!" Scout's voice screamed through my door. This is something I couldn't cope with first thing in a morning. Noise. "Get out of bed. It's your last morning here. I wanna spend it with you!"

I ignored her and put my pillow over my head blocking out all what had ceased to become background noise. Ah peaceful. Suddenly the pillow was pulled from my grip.

"What the hell are you doing?" She inquired.

Well so much for a peaceful morning. Scout had invited herself into my room and was standing in front of my with her hands on her hips.

"Well?" She looked at me expectantly.

I grabbed my pillow back from her and pulled it back over my face.

"Charlotte!" She snapped.

"Hmm?" I mumbled into the pillow.

"If you don't get up in the next five seconds then I'm getting the water." She simply said. "I mean it."

I shot up, threw my pillow to the side and glared at the beast. "I was having a nice sleep then."

"Yeah well it's only nine o'clock and seeing as its your last morning with us I wanted to make the most of it."

"But I'm tired." I moaned.

"You can sleep in the car." Scout quickly replied. I sighed. There was no point in arguing with Scout; nothing would be achieved.

"I'll meet you downstairs in ten minutes. I'm just going to get dressed."

"Fine." Scout replied. "But don't even think about getting back into bed."

"I'm awake now aren't I? There's no way I can get back to sleep now you're around."

Scout smiled then skipped out of my room. I changed into the clothes I had left out when packing and used the bathroom. I crammed the pyjamas into my suitcase and left it by my door. My room was empty and it was strange to see it like this. I know it wasn't my room any longer but it had been my home for a while and it was somewhere I could get away from everyone. I closed the door behind me and made my way into the kitchen. Most of the school house were in there eating breakfast. I grabbed some cereal and took the place next to Scout.

"Good morning Charlotte. You excited for today?" Miss Croft came over to the table.

"Morning. Yeah a bit but I'm going to miss everyone here. I'm even going to miss school and that's something I thought I would never say."

"Good luck. We'll all miss you but you know you're welcome here anytime you like. You're our family."

"Thank you Maggie."

She winked at me then went over to talk to Harley who had entered the room. Once breakfast had finished we all gathered into the common room. Phoenix carried my suitcase downstairs whilst I carried down my Vans bag. Most people were watching tv but Rhiannon and Harley were playing snooker. In fact, Rhiannon was winning.

"I'm going to miss you all." I told them as I sat down on the sofa next to Jade.

"We'll miss you too." We smiled at each other.

"Make sure Rose is okay. She'll probably want to see you when she knows you're back home. You meant the world to Denzil." Tariq said.

"I will do don't worry."

Dinner came really quickly. We had just finished eating our chicken sandwiches when there was a knock on the door.

"This will be for you Charlotte. Go and get the door." Maggie instructed.